Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New JS440 owner

Re: New JS440 owner

Appreciate all you help. I found a guy up here in Canada on kijiji that I'm talking to right now about an aluminum jug that has a 76mm bore, if i can get it for a decent price I might just re sleeve it. I saw your reply to my ad bionic racing, are they in good condition? i would definitely be interested if you didn't mind shipping to Canada. In your opinion is it worth it to re sleeve a jug or find a better bore? I plan on tearing the whole engine apart and fix whatever needs to be done so I appreciate the knowledge. I didn't start it personally but was told that it ran great but bogged when you gave it gas.

On a resleeve less expensive to get a good cast iron cylinder , the ones I have are cherry, check on his also but might be too much to do , have shipped to Canada before and played the declaration of values game for Canadians , eh ?

He said $275 shipped (seems steep) for the 76mm bore aluminum. What would you be looking for for one of your cast irons?

Mine will probably be std bore , with head 200$ U.S. plus ship, probably 250-260 range

Well since you have given me so much information/help I would rather give my money to you. Let me know when you get back to Cali and we'll get a deal going.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhyno857 View Post
    Well since you have given me so much information/help I would rather give my money to you. Let me know when you get back to Cali and we'll get a deal going.
    This is how it should be, good job dude.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Also strip bottom end and check crank , if front main bearing is bad I also have those in stock and can ship in same box

It might be another couple weeks before I have time to pull out the engine and really start stripping it down. Lot on the go this week and next week I'm heading to Montreal for a week, plan on doing it when I get back from that trip. Definitely will check it out. Waiting for my Clymer manual to get in so I can pull the crank and throw it on some v blocks with some dial indicators to see if it's in spec. Are there any other things i should check while I have the crank out? Anything else that's known to go?
    Last edited by rhyno857; 11-06-2017 at 07:55 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Since you will have it apart replace the crankshaft end seals with Kawasaki OEM ones.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

Your manual will give you stator specs, ohm it out since you have to assume it ran before you purchased from the same guy that said it was a 440 , affirmative on above post also

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information