Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday Regular

Re: Sxr carbs on 750 small pin..... Needs some jetting help

the oring on the seat was leaking. I have ordered new needles and seats along with 67.5 and 70 low jets along with 147.5 high speed jets. I am doing a tonne of reading and I'm determined to figure out carb tuning, it's been my nemesis for years!

only use the stock sxi pro jetting if you are using the stock air box with the plastic pieces in the ends and if you are using any aftermarket arresters the go with the jetting that mcn posted.
    See di46 drink......See di46 drive......Don't be a di46......

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX2 View Post
    only use the stock sxi pro jetting if you are using the stock air box with the plastic pieces in the ends and if you are using any aftermarket arresters the go with the jetting that mcn posted.
    OK, yes I am using stock air box. It makes sense to me that if I am using everything the same as the sxi pro that the jetting would be the same as for the sxi pro. The only difference is that I am using a small pin rather than a big pin. I would think the sxi pro jetting is what I should go with as the engine is closer to a 750 big pin than a sxr, well in cylinder volume anyways....
    I ordered the jets for the sxi pro jetting and will try it out. If anyone could explain if and why that wouldn't work Im all ears.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Yabadabadoo; 10-26-2017 at 09:30 PM.

PWCToday Regular

So I replaced the needles and seats. The engine was full of fuel, all drained now. The shop I ordered jets from Sent the wrong ones so I'm sticking with the stock jetting as of right now. Quick question for anyone, when I fired it up it revved up pretty high, I backed off the idle adjuster but it's still high. Fuel was puking out of the exhaust so I'm thinking it might still have to much fuel in there, and or the pilot jet is too high? I assume if the pilot jet is too high it will get too much fuel and rev high?? Basically should I open the low screw or close it? Thanks

don't try to tune anything without the pump in the water. The ski should have a pretty high idle when its on the cart, with the pump spinning free

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by scottw090 View Post
    don't try to tune anything without the pump in the water. The ski should have a pretty high idle when its on the cart, with the pump spinning free
    Just trying to get it close..... Lake is 30 Min's from here and its below zero so water test is PAINFUL!... Lol

PWCToday Regular

Oh and I've had prob 20 skis, it idles high in comparison to those ones out of water

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information