Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Superjet won't stop cranking

Quote Originally Posted by JC-SuperJet View Post
    While you wait for your new Relay, why don't you open up the Start/Stop Switch, clean, inspect and repair if needed. Simple easy preventive maintenance step and narrows down the short list of possible causes.

Seee http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=397400&page=2 Good photos...

Search function is very useful...
    Yes...found those. In those cases, they had no start or weird spark...in my case I couldn't get it to stop 'starting'. As I noted earlier, I'll check the switch for a closed circuit tonight. If a clean-up is all it takes, that'd be great. My bet is a stuck closed relay at this point since it didn't matter what was done at the lanyard or switches - it just ran the starter until I got the battery disconnected and battery was dying.

Before I buy the relay...

I opened up the start/stop switch and inspected (cleaned a little...not contaminated or degraded) and reassembled. I should have tested before I opened it up since the battery was on charger for a day. After reassembly, it started right up...ugh. Was it the battery? Did the inspect change something? I'll never know...but after buttoning everything back up...nothing. Then just a little thump in the relay. I put the charger back on and tried with extra current...started right up again. So, I left the charger on another night and tested first last night - started right up multiple times and ran fine. So I am still in this quandry if I take it out on the water: was it just a battery issue (fixed with a good tender charge)? or is the relay dying and will it strand me on the water?

A $25 Relay and a new Battery will give you peace of mind...

Next, you will be replacing the Starter. And make sure you buy an OEM Starter or have the the bad OEM Starter rebuilt at a Starter/Alternator Shop.

Or get a Remanufactured Starter from JetManiac.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information