Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Superjet won't stop cranking

Rode about a week ago and this weekend I was getting ready to winterize my ski

When I tried starting, the engine cranked and started, but being cold it stalled when I tried to start it again, after pulsing the starter, it wouldn't stop cranking to start and the battery just got weaker and weaker until it just was getting a crank every second or so - I was not pushing the starter. The only way to stop the crank was to disconnect the battery. When reconnecting, it would start again...

Starter? Solenoid?

Just got this primo 2001 701 this summer to add to my collection. Help?!

Re: Superjet won't stop cranking

To be clear...it started cranking again, not firing up. I put the battery on charger to get ready to troubleshoot ideas...thanks.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home AC 46's Avatar

Sounds like that.Only other thing it gould be is start button.
    R.I.P. Super Sic

PWCToday Newbie

It sounds like your start/stop switch. The contacts in your start button are sticking. This may be cause by a weak spring in the button, or corroded contacts.

I had the same issue. The spring was completely dissolved into a rusty powder. I used a spring from a click pen to fix it

PWCToday Newbie

It sounds like your start/stop switch. The contacts in your start button are sticking. This may be cause by a weak spring in the button, or corroded contacts.

I had the same issue. The spring was completely dissolved into a rusty powder. I used a spring from a click pen to fix it

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Start switch or solenoid is the problem. It's definitely not the starter motor.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

Quote Originally Posted by dorny119 View Post

But, if I removed the lanyard and it was still cranking? That should have cut the circuit for the start switch even if it was stuck, correct?

Since something is stuck closed circuit, I will check for continuity tonight in the switch and the relay...that should give me an idea. Looking up relay prices local...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Quote Originally Posted by netdr View Post
    But, if I removed the lanyard and it was still cranking? That should have cut the circuit for the start switch even if it was stuck, correct?
    Many skis have the start and stop circuits/buttons very separated. It's possible to press both buttons at the same time resulting in cranking the engine over plus inhibiting the spark.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

While you wait for your new Relay, why don't you open up the Start/Stop Switch, clean, inspect and repair if needed. Simple easy preventive maintenance step and narrows down the short list of possible causes.

Seee http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=397400&page=2 Good photos...

Search function is very useful...
    Last edited by JC-SuperJet; 10-23-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information