Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: 92 650 vxr

92 650 vxr

I have two identical 650vxr waverunners and took them out Sunday afternoon ran about a half a tank of gas through each one maybe 10 minutes at a time and then stopping switching Riders starting it back up after about for 45 minutes one of them didn't want to start got to the house and realized I had left the cap off the flush hose but it fired up I ran it for a few seconds and flushed it out for about 5 minutes. Would this cause an overheat issue? When it wouldn't start in the water I opened it up to check the gas it didn't feel hot or any hotter than the other ski and I didn't even know if the cap is off till I got to the house. I guess I can just put it back in the water and try and run it and see what it does.

Banjomaniac

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Re: 92 650 vxr

If the flush kit goes into the top of the cylinder head then no it won't cause any issues other than filling your engine bay with water. It's the flash kid is hooked up on the pumps line before the exhaust manifold then yes it will cause overheating.

Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    If the flush kit goes into the top of the cylinder head then no it won't cause any issues other than filling your engine bay with water. It's the flash kid is hooked up on the pumps line before the exhaust manifold then yes it will cause overheating.
    Is there a diagram of these arrangements somewhere or maybe someone is super hip and can draw all possibilities?lol

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Follow the flush line. Does it go to the head or the line going to the exhaust manifold. If you can understand that you need to take it to someone that does, sorry in advance if your offended.

Thanks driftmaster, I installed the kits on top of the head. That ski had maybe half gallon of water in it so I guess I got lucky. The reason I posted is because that ski ran good for several runs out and around the island but I got on it too fired up and it wouldn't start thought it was out of gas but when I got back I still had almost half a tank so I was curious why it wouldn't start and then I noticed I had forgot to replace the cap. It fired up at the house and I flushed it on the hose.I'll try new plugs and some fresh gas and see how it does. The carbs are clean.

Banjomaniac

If the carbs are clean the gas isn't bad. Sounds like plugs or tuning issue.
    '90 Superjet: ported 760, dual 44's, B pipe, ADA head 190psi, TDR waterbox, hooker 10-16, sponsons. Girlfriends ride
    '94 Suuuperjet: 718cc, pro tec pipe, Groupk head 175psi w/protec girdle, protec ride plate, MSD coil, UMI grate, Roundnose pole -4", rev footholds, sweet green turf and wrap.
    '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

Thread Information