Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: How to bypass 2nd waterbox 2008 stx f15?

Wow
    Last edited by 04fxdwgi25; 10-23-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hyosung View Post
    those dumb a$s engineers at Kawasaki wasted all that time and resources for nothing ,it appears, some nit wit on a jet ski forum knows better !carry on .
    What they did figure out is how to make the ski cost a couple hundred dollars less to build by using only one waterbox & related hoses. They also figured out how to make it run as quiet by reducing the outlet size of the one waterbox is uses. I have also cut apart both a primary & secondary & find that the primary appears to have more restrictive routing than the second, which may explain why there is little gain removing it.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by 04fxdwgi25 View Post
    When I removed mine, I used one of these aluminum "U" bends. Just connect the two hoses with it. It's a 2 3/8" OD "U" bend.

Found it on fleabay . Some use the black plastic waste / drain pipe (sewage pipe) found at Lowes / Home Depot, but I would rather have metal in exhaust vs: plastic. The price of this aluminum U bend is same as parts and pieces of plastic, it's metal and a bunch easier..

http://www.hps-siliconehoses.com/hps...3-1-2-clr.html

Fleabay ad says don't use for exhaust, but I gather they mean automotive exhaust
    Edited the specs on the "U" bend. It's a 2 3/8" OD tube, not 2 3/4".
    Last edited by 04fxdwgi25; 10-24-2017 at 05:52 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home hyosung's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLHDWEPWCGUY View Post
    What they did figure out is how to make the ski cost a couple hundred dollars less to build by using only one waterbox & related hoses. They also figured out how to make it run as quiet by reducing the outlet size of the one waterbox is uses. I have also cut apart both a primary & secondary & find that the primary appears to have more restrictive routing than the second, which may explain why there is little gain removing it.
    now check the part number on the different mapped ecu !,
    Last edited by hyosung; 10-24-2017 at 01:01 PM.
    2 x 650 sx custom build (my toys) http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=425767

modded X2 650

stock looking ZXI 900 ""being cannibalized to sponsor a 650 sx build """

Jerry Rigging is my specialty .....

Originally Posted by hyosung
    so when you say i """ hammer and slap things together """ this may be so , BUT they are hammered and slapped together SOLID

Frequent Poster

the correct size U-bend is 2-3/8" (60mm), and is a tight radius
    Last edited by idt512; 10-24-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hyosung View Post
    now check the part number on the different mapped ecu !,
    Nope.

05-12 uses 21175-3737ecu 05-08 2 waterboxes, 09 & up use one waterbox
    13-14 uses 21175-0891ecu 1 waterbox
    15-17 uses 21175-0968ecu 1 waterbox & uses a duel key system for 2 level power output rather than dash display to set this function

& the 04 uses a 21175-3727ecu & has no power limiting feature, these ecu's change all the time over the years, manufacturers are always updating, skis, bikes, car & trucks. You are over thinking this, the second waterbox was used for sound control ONLY until Kawasaki found a less expensive way to do it, that second waterbox lists for over $600 American, even if this only costs the manufacturer 1/2 it adds up, & you can still buy a 2017 model for about the same as the original 2004 cost.

Frequent Poster

Cant the primary be eliminated instead, and run just the secondary waterbox? I know there are water fittings on the inlet of the primary but cant they be relocated?

I have thought of this myself, the only thing that has to be retained is the coupling to connect some sort of pipe to it & it has to be cooled. On another site someone claimed a place in Florida has an aftermarket waterbox to fit the 15f, but the picture they supplied looked like a simple 2 cycle one without the watercooled connector, that wouldn't work, but then the person who found this add said they claimed to use a stock photo & the actual one would look different, I told this person to post this if he purchased one or was able to get a picture of the actual waterbox. It claimed that the waterbox was loud, meaning there wasn't any restriction in it, but it may work well in conjunction with the second waterbox to take care of the sound. I think there is room for improvement, I only gained a little with mine but I did gain a little rpms too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information