Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

VX 110 Problem MAX 7200 RPM not easy to solve

Hello,
    I have a problem with my VX 110 from 2006. I bought it on may 2017. The VX has 200 hours and it was well maintained.
    The maximum RPM it can get now is only 7200RPM.
    I have got YDS and maintenance book. I have no error code.
    Here is the history of what I have done:
    It was overfilled by the dealer. I remove oil to the right level when the VX is HOT. The oil level is near the minimum now when HOT (in the water).
    After I changed the plug and removed air filter, clean the manifold and the pressure/temperature sensor. Nothing Change 7000 RPM. Actually I have no air filter.
    I checked the resistance of the coil they are all good in the specification.
    Then I looked to the main relay and see it was much corroded in one pin (5). I bought another one on ebay, changed it. Nothing Change.

Then I clean the injectors by throwing injector cleaner inside the injectors themselves. They look good and their resistances are OK 12ohm. I tried ignition on each coil they are all working good.
    When I run the vx the plug are not wet. The idle is perfect and the Vx is getting very quickly up to 7200RPM in the water. But it canít get to 8000RPM.

Then I test the accelerator position sensor. The Outputs were OK in Voltage but sensor nį1 wasnít conform to specification in Ohmmeter at fully opened position. I changed the value by moving the body of the sensor to get the right value. All the values are correct now.
    I tried this with computer and the value were lowest in voltage output but in the specification of Yamaha. No fault code.
    I found exactly the same throttle opening which is 80.3į.

I started the Vx out of the water and nothing change. i didn't test it in the water but i doubt that have change something.
    Regarding to your experience what do you think it can be ?
    Do you think it can be the jet pump unit because the bearings have to be changed, said by the dealer.
    But they are not very bad and the VX have no vibration.
    Do you think it can be the battery, fuel pump, o ring leak??
    I canít swap any materiel, I have to test them with YDS and look if they are faulty.
    Could you help me please! Sorry for my bad American wording!

PWCToday Newbie

Re: VX 110 Problem MAX 7200 RPM not easy to solve

Here are the files of YDS

VX110Fullclosed.pdfVX110Fullopened.pdf

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home don37725's Avatar

May be wrong pitch impeller - If previous owner installed wrong impeller meant for higher horsepower motor?

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner***
    *******************Liberty is a well-armed lamb.*****************

**********Lotteries are created by those who understand math**********
    ***************to take advantage of those who do not****************

***************As government expands, liberty contracts**************

PWCToday Newbie

Hello, thank you for your answer. The helice is an original because it was detonated in 2015 ... During the same intervention the workshop said that it would be necessary to change the bearings during the next maintenance intervention. It has scratches on the tip of the blades. I did not check the spacing. Do you think that bearings could limit RPMs in water?
    I changed the battery yesterday and I still have to test the electronic control throttle valve relay. I'll try my vx the next WE. Best Regard's from France

PWCToday Newbie

Hello,
    I have tested the relay of the electronic control throttle and it is OK.
    I modified the resistance value by moving a little bit the electronic control throttle body. When i got all the resistance of the 2 sensors in the good interval i stopped. After i installed the ECT in the VX and read news ouput (V) values with YDS. The value are all in the right output interval. Now i have to test the Vx in the water and try if something has changed.
    I also put the new value for the electronic control throttle that i have obtain with YDS below. You can compare with the value i got before i touch the resistance with the files in post # 1
    Regard's

VX110Fullclosed_calibrate1.pdf and VX110Fullopened_calibrate1.pdf

Is the pump full of oil?

PWCToday Newbie

The oil level is correct. I have checked it when the engine was HOT in the water. So it is not a problem of overfilling the oil level. Today i have put silicon grease around the injector because i hadn't change the seal when i cleaned the injectors. I hope i will try modifications tomorrow in a lac. Does somobody can send me a scan of another VX just to compare the values at full closed position and at full open position. Thank You !

PWCToday Newbie

Hello i have tested it last W-E. It changed nothing !!! only 7200 RPM. So i change the position of the electronic throttle body to new position whitch is closer to the initial position. I found that the ETC is a car ETC, you can buy it on aliexpress for about 20$. But you have to calibrate it after. I put my new value in the link below. Now i know that the ETC is working Good because if i change value in the correct range it is still doing is job. When i checked the sensor (pressure/temperature) i saw oil in the manifold. I have cleaned it after i saw it was overfilled 2 months ago. But some oil had come back in it. I removed it and cleaned it with gaz in injection cleaner. I put a lot, inside the flame deflector because the waverunner have been winterized 10 times. So i though that old oil can stopped air in the flame deflector. I wil try this the next W-E. Best Regard's

VX110Fullopened_calibrate2.pdf and VX110Fullclosed_calibrate2.pdf

Thread Information