Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

Re: Scored a sxr... Needs some engine advice, 750 engine the same?

No, you'll need to use the 07 stator because it's different than the 750 one.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by BLRider View Post
    No, you'll need to use the 07 stator because it's different than the 750 one.
    Gotcha..... So I'll put the 07 sxr stator on the 750 small pin, then the 750 flywheel and it should be good to go unless I missed something? Thanks for the help BLRider!

As far as the head goes, from all of the other threads I've read I think I'll be ok with the sxr head on the 750 cylinders, worst case it a bump up or down in compression I think.

Cheers,

PWCToday Regular

ahhhh...just thought of something, since the small pin is 18mm and the sxr is 20mm on the crankshaft. what do I do for pto coupler, will the 18mm coupler on the engine match up with the 20mm coupler on the driveshaft? if not what do I do?
    Thanks

Yes it will match up, no problem. It may be 20mm also though, they made both, in fact, I have a 650 with a 20mm coupler.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

As for the SXR head on the small pin - it'll bolt right on and will increase your compression. Do you know what the compression is on the 750 currently? The small pin came with a 28cc - 30cc domed head and the SXR is 25cc -26cc so the potential to push the compression above pump gas range.

PWCToday Regular

As for the SXR head on the small pin - it'll bolt right on and will increase your compression. Do you know what the compression is on the 750 currently? The small pin came with a 28cc - 30cc domed head and the SXR is 25cc -26cc so the potential to push the compression above pump gas range.
    oh.... I have 2 small pins, 1 is at 150psi and the other has a fresh top end and shows 165psi. I was thinking of using the 165psi cylinders but now that you mention the bump up maybe I should just use the 150psi engine. How much psi do you think it will jump it up? what is safe range?
    Thanks
    Thanks

PWCToday Regular

I put the 800 head on the 750 small pin and the compression stayed the same/within 5 Psi so I think I'm good to go...... If the engine blows up I'll be sure to update....... And ask for parts..

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home mcn6's Avatar

If you replaced a SP "B" casting head with an SXR head compression should stay the same since both heads have 29.8cc domes.

Home of Newmiller Machine

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mcn6 View Post
    If you replaced a SP "B" casting head with an SXR head compression should stay the same since both heads have 29.8cc domes.
    Love the wealth of knowledge on here guys, thanks a lot!

PWCToday Regular

So I put the sxr stator and stator cover on 750 small pin. Total noob question but is that ok to use the sxr stator cover? The pick up/timing isn't different or anything like that?
    Last edited by Yabadabadoo; 11-09-2017 at 02:07 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information