Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I dream skis

Re: 2003 rxdi needs help

Caught up on the thread. The easiest thing to point at is the pipe to manifold seal, while this is a major problem with carb models I cant say for certain with a DI that it would be a problem. Same is true for the carbon ring leaking, definite problem just don't know if its causing water ingestion. Its obvious that water is getting in, due to the proximity of the of the manifold/pipe seal it is possible with the water pressure that you are getting a internal retrograde flow. So I would break that down and go through proper assembly again paying attention to ensuring the best seal possible. replace the o-ring with new OEM. Afterward a ride with the seat off is in order to see exactly what is happening, or tether it and run it up. if that doesnt work there may be a bad gasket or a crack in a jacket or a eroded surface somewhere that was missed during the rebuild.

PWCToday Newbie

Re: 2003 rxdi needs help

Great info, thanks guys. I am going to strap it to the trailer and run it again at the ramp and see if I can find water leaks now that I have some more areas to look at. I am going to order a new o-ring for the pipe/manifold connection and also get that special wrench to get that nut in the back that is a pain in the neck to torque. I shall report back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information