Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Glass question

PWCToday Newbie

Glass question

How many gallons of epoxy resin and gardener should I buy for doing a rocker nose job and a flat deck hood shave ? As well as how many yards of glass do you guys think ? And would 635 be good enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Glass question

Can anyone help me out here

I would guess 1 gallon of resin + hardener? at the most, I bought that amount and fixed some holes, widened my tray, used some for/with filler. Glass would all depend on weight and style (chop mat or woven) but they are both fairly inexpensive, 4 - 6 yards x 50" ? Make sure you do some research / watch some videos on fiberglassing if you haven't done much. It definitely has limitations and can get pretty frustrating especially on anything curved or with a profile, (air pockets are your enemy)

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JSrider82 View Post
    I would guess 1 gallon of resin + hardener? at the most, I bought that amount and fixed some holes, widened my tray, used some for/with filler. Glass would all depend on weight and style (chop mat or woven) but they are both fairly inexpensive, 4 - 6 yards x 50" ? Make sure you do some research / watch some videos on fiberglassing if you haven't done much. It definitely has limitations and can get pretty frustrating especially on anything curved or with a profile, (air pockets are your enemy)
    Thanks man I've done a little glass work and de foaming , where is everyone getting the glass at ? I was thinking 10 0z e glass but not sure if that's over kill or not

1 gal should be perfect and I would expect that you will have at least 1/3 left over.
    -95 750SXI
    -86 440 undergoing PJS800 conversion
    -90 TS650

I live in Canada, but I ordered from us composites, I used their epoxy as well. worked good for me. I bought both the 6.75 and the 13.5 oz mat. and also a 6 oz twill weave cloth, cloth conforms and lays well on contours, buy some of each and see what you like cause the glass is probably the cheapest part.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JSrider82 View Post
    I live in Canada, but I ordered from us composites, I used their epoxy as well. worked good for me. I bought both the 6.75 and the 13.5 oz mat. and also a 6 oz twill weave cloth, cloth conforms and lays well on contours, buy some of each and see what you like cause the glass is probably the cheapest part.
    Awesome thank you !

no problem, I'm no expert, but I can try to help if you have more questions.

Thread Information