• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jlstreccius
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Aug 2015

98 Seadoo GTX RFI mag injector not working

I have a 98 GTX RFI project that I am puzzled with. I bought this ski as a project and rebuilt the motor, new pistons rings, crank seals, etc. the only history I have on the machine from the original owner is that it was a lemon. After reassembly. It starts poorly and only idles on the PTO cylinder. There is good spark on the MAG side. All sensors test good. I pulled the injector rail and fuel only sprays on the PTO injector. At half throttle or full throttle the result is the same. I switched wiring on the injectors and the Mag injector sprays the same as the PTO at all positions of the throttle but still only one injector sprays. When the ski is running the Maintenance light is flashing. I have attempted to rest but it continues. I took the ski to a certified mechanic/friend who does side work at home and has the electronics to test the system. He thinks it may be the MPEM but is not convinced this will fix it.

One additional concern from the rebuild I have is that I removed the magnet ring on the flywheel, thinking this was necessary for flywheel removal. If the ring was installed incorrectly could this cause the injector problem? I was confident when reassembling that I got it right but now I am not sure? Please help.

Additional question: Can the MPEM be sent out for testing?
  • bills86e
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    • May 2008

Re: 98 Seadoo GTX RFI mag injector not working

Get a free shop manual for your 98 787 GTX RFI from the Sticky. Yes - Minnetonkaforme. [email protected]

Comment

• Chester
      • Feb 2002

Sea-Doo RFi engines run on only one cylinder at idle. How does it run on the water?

Chester
      Speed is very expensive. How fast do you want to spend?

Stand up:
      98 SXi-Pro

Couches:

96 XP
      86 X2

Comment

• Jlstreccius
        PWCToday Newbie
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Chester View Post
        Sea-Doo RFi engines run on only one cylinder at idle. How does it run on the water?

Chester
        It does not run in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• bills86e
          • May 2008

RFI's will not run on pre-mix fuel and do not like water in fuel or old fuel. Check air pump. Lub lines. Switch the Injectors and re-check.
          Test compression, *plugs.

Comment

• x-track
            I dream skis
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Chester View Post

Chester
            are you sure with that ??

...i have only one injector spraying ...switching the connectors the other one sprays .....strange is if i test both connectors and crank the engine they both have 6V ??

Comment

Working...
            X