Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Ragged Edge Racing's Avatar

Re: 02 ZXI 1100 Pump Maintenance

You could be sucking air through the bulkhead seal. They don't last forever. Post pics of the prop and the clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Edge Racing View Post
    You could be sucking air through the bulkhead seal. They don't last forever. Post pics of the prop and the clearance.
    Pictures are in the first post, along with the clearance.

Not your prop, at least from what I can see. Has the bulkhead seal ever been replaced? When you put it in the water, do you see any leaks around the shaft seal? If you don't, it would appear it could be your pump area. You could be sucking air around the pump seal as they too get old and brittle. Is the slipping clutch just out of the hole and then it is fine when you are at speed and get on it? Anyone recently suck a rock up or anything? Did it all the sudden exhibit this problem or has the progressively gotten worse?
    Last edited by Ragged Edge Racing; 10-04-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Not your prop, at least from what I can see. Has the bulkhead seal ever been replaced? When you put it in the water, do you see any leaks around the shaft seal? If you don't, it would appear it could be your pump area. You could be sucking air around the pump seal as they too get old and brittle. Is the slipping clutch just out of the hole and then it is fine when you are at speed and get on it? Anyone recently suck a rock up or anything? Did it all the sudden exhibit this problem or has the progressively gotten worse?
    I haven't noticed any water in the hull, so I'm sure the shaft seal is fine.

The slipping feeling is any time I try to accelerate hard, either from a stop, goosing it over a boat wake, or anything like that. It just doesn't go.

I feel like this has been going on since I got it last year. I have ridden it before, since we bought it from a friend, and I recall it having a ridiculous about of pull, which it just doesn't have anymore. I, unfortunately, can't say whether it was an instant thing or a gradual over time, though. It's to the point now that I can go from a complete stop and go full throttle with one hand.

The intake grate looked fine, and nothing got sucked up that I know of, and even the leading edges of the prop look ok except for a couple small dings.

If you have no leaks and the seals are good, it is either the wear ring or prop. Prop is easy to take out. Just buy the prop tool off Ebay(just a funky bolt with splines). It is possible that the prop is not the right prop for the ski. In the inside of the hub is the actual part number from Kawi. If the prop looks good, it would have to be the wear ring. Hit Dave at Impros up as he could probably tell you what pitch prop would be good if you were thinking about a new stainless prop.

Also, how do the trailing edges of the prop look? Are the stator veins all good?
    Last edited by Ragged Edge Racing; 10-05-2017 at 06:23 PM.

I can all but gairantee this is the stock impeller. The people Le I bought it from aren't ones to modify anything like that. They even paid a shop to change the spark plugs.

I'm most likely going to do a remanufa tired prop from sbt. Once I take it all apart and get better measurements I'll have a better handle on what's out of spec. I may just do both while I have it apart, as the prices are reasonable, and I can do the work myself for "free"

Also, how do the trailing edges of the prop look? Are the stator veins all good?

I'll take a look in the morning, but I haven't seen anything that stands out as far as major damage.

Quote Originally Posted by camper4lyfe View Post
    I'll take a look in the morning, but I haven't seen anything that stands out as far as major damage.
    What about the pump seal maybe that's going bad you know the big circle one that goes around the outside of the pump when they start to go to bed it'll make you capitate and all kinds of stuff

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spedesdamit87 View Post
    What about the pump seal maybe that's going bad you know the big circle one that goes around the outside of the pump when they start to go to bed it'll make you capitate and all kinds of stuff

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    That seal seemed to be in pretty good shape. The whole housing was in solid, and I had to work pretty hard to get it out because of that seal. I suppose it can't hurt to add a new one to the rebuild list just in case.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information