Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PWCToday Guru

Re: aftermarket hulls

what does SDG and HUS mean in the results ?? OTH is other , I guess ....not very informative

Resident Guru

No idea, the scoring system they use is very out dated. Heck, the majority of the international racers were listed as being from the states.

Aftermarket, I have ridden a ProForce, K1 and Trinity and Bullett. The Trinity V Drive is my favorite all around ski so far (rec and turning a few buoys). The ProForce is an amazing racing/winning platform but I've been told it has it's limitations in the real rough stuff. The K1.....there is a reason they scrapped that hull design so quickly, terrible build quality and wants to roll over. The Bullet v1 likes to hook and throw you off at random. Not sure how the newer Bullets ride...however, they did win multipe titles this weekend.

My buddy has a GP1 and he said it is built much nicer then the K1, and handles better too. I haven't ridden it yet though.
    Jeremy S.

PWCToday Guru

thx ....good info !! can you compare to a hydrospace ?

Resident Guru

Eh, not really. I would say when it comes to staying flat in a turn like a hydro the Pro-Force takes the cake. But, the GP1 pics I've seen all look they aren't rolled way over in the turns either.
    Jeremy S.

Quote Originally Posted by x-track View Post
    wow .... this is steep ...that's gonna buy me like 5 good hydros over here at the moment
    Hydro's are horrible though.

Kommanders are mass-produces, which means lower price and lower quality. They are good allround skis though.
    The Trinity is a classic badass ski, but I heard the company was sold or went out of business.
    The new Bullet is an identical ski to the older model but 2 inches longer, still handles the rough well but like he said before they like to hook on you.
    The ProForce is the best overall hull, how Chris designed it makes it the best quality. It handles amazing, but it does not like huge rolling offshore ocean waves.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home tshank123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newtondeegan View Post
    Kommanders are mass-produces, which means lower price and lower quality. They are good allround skis though.
    The Trinity is a classic badass ski, but I heard the company was sold or went out of business.
    The new Bullet is an identical ski to the older model but 2 inches longer, still handles the rough well but like he said before they like to hook on you.
    The ProForce is the best overall hull, how Chris designed it makes it the best quality. It handles amazing, but it does not like huge rolling offshore ocean waves.
    Do you work for ProWatercraft? Your opinion seems very biased. Just want to clear that up.
    FN Wealth Management - http://www.fnwealth.net/
    High Speed Industries - TBA
    RIVA Motorsports - http://rivaracing.com/
    Competitive Crankshafts - http://competitivecrankshafts.com/

I do work for ProWatercraft but my opinions are always very honest, he doesn't pay me enough to be biased.

I'm going to tell you my honest opinion from the skis that I have rode.

the ProForce is the best ski for flat water and closed course racing. It does not do well in big waves and and offshore ocean racing/riding.
    The Kommander is a good ski, very easy to ride and handles good but it just had a weird feeling to me and I couldnt 100% get comfortable on it.
    The older Bullets were good but I always found myself wanting to fall off the other side when coming into corners at speed. I have not tried the new Bullet.
    Ive never rode a Trinity but I have never heard a bad thing about those skis, I would like to ride one to see how I feel on it.
    Last edited by newtondeegan; 10-12-2017 at 12:20 PM.

the proforce is sick, the new gp1 is also sick. gp1 is muuuch bigger, totally different skis. Bigger skis are taking over unfortunately

op, if your inquiring about custom built race skis, and $24,000 is already to steep for you, you need to just go buy a new sxr and be done with it. a used hydro is nothing but a $$$pit unless you have computer and knowledge to fix it.

lol check wf results in any stock ski class where hydros were allowed.prior to the sxr1500 the hydro, in "stock" form was fast as ****.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information