Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Paint?

PWCToday Regular

Paint?

Hi all,

I'm got my 750sx all torn down and I'm going to paint it. Ive done rattle can jobs before, mostly because I'm cheap and don't have the knowledge of how to do a better job.
    I'm still cheap but I would love some input on how to get a good high gloss paint job on my ski. What kinds of paint can I use? Can I buy them online? Links would be great.
    I have a air compressor so I can use a paint gun, but if anyone knows of good rattle can paint I'm open to that as well.
    Any and all tips appreciated
    Thanks ks

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Paint?

Hi I would HIGHLY suggest at least using a spray gun. The correct way it to gel coat the color but obviously most people donít have the knowledge. What I would recommend it getting the 12$ harbor freight gun that is amazing for its price and then getting marine paint. The problem with rattle cans is 1 they arnt meant for over gel coats and 2 they are not usually marine quality. You could always go to the dealer and get the actual stock paint in a rattle can thatís meant for the ski but your limited to stock color. What I would do is get the gun, sand the ski down pretty aggressively, prime it, fine sand smooth and then get marine paint of your choice and spray gun on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mgusciora View Post
    Hi I would HIGHLY suggest at least using a spray gun. The correct way it to gel coat the color but obviously most people don’t have the knowledge. What I would recommend it getting the 12$ harbor freight gun that is amazing for its price and then getting marine paint. The problem with rattle cans is 1 they arnt meant for over gel coats and 2 they are not usually marine quality. You could always go to the dealer and get the actual stock paint in a rattle can that’s meant for the ski but your limited to stock color. What I would do is get the gun, sand the ski down pretty aggressively, prime it, fine sand smooth and then get marine paint of your choice and spray gun on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Will do, thanks.....

I used Duplicolor's Paint Shop Pro from Oreilly Auto on my JS550 using the HF spray gun. It seemed to be pretty durable, covered well & looked great. I used about a qt each of black, white & clear.
    Last edited by AirJunky; 10-01-2017 at 10:30 PM.
    -
    Bill

Current ride is an almost stock 94 550SX
    My JS550 build
    . - SOLD

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home seadoobutch787's Avatar

Go to the coating store on ebay and check out their paint. The price is really good and the quality of the paint is good! I painted my conversion ski with their product an it turned out great!
    1997 Seadoo SPX---limited mod
    1996 Seadoo GSX--Cruiser
    1995 Kawasaki 550/750sx---Conversion ski
    http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...750+conversion
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucxd...TcG7qp45xTX9xV

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seadoobutch787 View Post
    Go to the coating store on ebay and check out their paint. The price is really good and the quality of the paint is good! I painted my conversion ski with their product an it turned out great!
    could you put a link to them, I went on eBay and could not find them. Thanks

Thread Information