Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: A few questions

A few questions

I started going through my new to me 91 SJ and came up with a few questions. I apologize if these are stupid questions but the stand up world is new to me.

First, I found a couple of rubber pieces laying in the hull, I went through some parts breakdowns and I couldn't find them. Can someone identify them and tell me where they go. Or Just let me know if I don't need them.
    20170925_181127_1506384772551_resized.jpg

Second, how are you guys connecting your winch strap to your hull? I ran the strap through the bow eye hole to get it home but it looks like its damaging that rubber piece (might be fine once I get the bushing in). Plus I doubt that strap was designed to do that. Was thinking of getting some D-ring to put in there.
    20170925_181147_1506384769798_resized.jpg

Third, are these rubber tubes on the hood important? One is broken off completely while the other is permanently bent. I don't think any air will be getting through it.
    20170925_193248_resized.jpg

I'm just trying to get it in the water so I can play on it for the remainder of the season. Over the winter I plan on cleaning it up, getting it painted, adding footwells and replacing the hydroturf. I want to learn to ride it before I start changing everything out.

PWCToday Newbie

Re: A few questions

The only one I can really answer is the last one. You'll want those tubes to be below your engine/intake area. If water comes in you don't want it dumping on top... It needs to go straight to the bottom of the hull.

Take a measurement and pick up some new tubing.

Thanks, Ill pick up some new tubing this week. I found an answer to the rubber piece, it's a support for the fuel tank.

I still need to find a better way to attach that winch strap.

Top Dog

bow bushing is all you need.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

To answer your questions;

1st - That rubber is originally glued to the hull floor (Bottom) Right behind the fuel tank. Helps keep the tank from wanting to slide backwards towards the engine. The fuel vent tube goes in the holder.

2nd - For stand ups / and other skis with a bow eye, proper trailer set up is a straight upright post, with a "C" Bow stop and pin like this;

https://www.watcon.com/trailers-beac...ailer-bow-stop

As stated above, a bow eye bushing is also a good idea;

https://www.watcon.com/body-hull/nose-bushings

3rd - Yes, you need your hood down tubes. You can probably find a used one here by placing a wanted to buy ad.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web sites

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    used parts www.rockcountyjetski.webs.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

Yeah I glued that rubber piece down last night.

As far as the trailer goes I'm still trying to decide what I am going to do there. My trailer is only a 2 place, I had to put one on a stand to get it home. I think with the bow eye I should be good hauling it short distances with this set up. I may get rid of one of my sit downs or find a way to haul my stand up in my truck.

I'm going to check hardware stores for tubes that will work this evening. I've seen replacement kits online I might try once this turns into my winter project but for now I shall ride.

Again thanks for the helpful responses.

Thread Information