User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

96 Polaris slt780 fuel question

So I got a slt780 cheap anyhow it is like all of them one cylinder burnt up from leaning out ! What I need to know is what fuel pump does it need to keep this from happening again I seen some on eBay but I am not sure what will deliver enough fuel it has a 3 out fuel pump its blue and it looks stock though also it might not be true what I read ! Thanks for any advice before I burn another top end

Re: 96 Polaris slt780 fuel question

I am pretty sure the fuel pumps that were a problem were the earlier ones with a single outlet. Yours with triple outlets should not cause that problem. Dirty carbs, leaking seals or gaskets can cause it to lean out also. You need to figure out what caused it to lean out, I would check where the carbs are set as the screws being in too much could cause it too. If you haven't disassembled the motor yet you could do a leak down test to check if it was caused by leaking seals or gaskets.

Did the PO tell you anything about it's history like when the last time the carbs were cleaned?
    1998 ZXI 1100 Red
    2001 SeaDoo GTS Sold
    1998 ZXI 1100 yellow ...coming soon
    1994 Polaris SL750 $50 I couldn't help myself!

I suffer from JOCD!
    Jet-ski Obsessive compulsive disorder

Re: 96 Polaris slt780 fuel question

Thanks I appreciate the advice yes I believe it's the carburetors on this one because they've never been cleaned out before ever also this ski the jet pump bearings went out on the guy who owned it and basically it sank halfway so that didn't help and I ended up with it so I'm going to put a new top and rebuild the engine and I was just scared because of a thread I read about how the SL models don't get enough fuel and I was just worried

Thread Information