Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday Regular

Re: dual carb tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Yabadabadoo View Post
    what are these T fitting adjusters you're talking about? sorry, not trying to hijack but I have the same issue. Thanks
    Never mind, I figured it out... Duh... Lol

next time you rebuild your carbs drill the heads of the adjustment needle screw and install a small roll pin. Cheaper than buying a set. The brass screws drill super easy with a drill press and a small drill bit. Once reassembled the screw can be easily turned with your fingers
    90 X2 (750), 92 X2 (750), 93 X2 (750),93 X2 (750), 99 Ultra 150(sold) 1995 Waveblaster 1

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fastgtfairlane's Avatar

if you can find t fitting adjusters for the keihins let me know. the sxr carbs are mikunis and t handle adjustment screws are readily available online. however i have not been able to find a set of t handles for the keihin carbs. you might can use a long screwdriver on the idle mixture screw but i have yet to find a way to adjust the high speed screw on the rear carb for dual keihins without taking the carbs off. again im talking about the dual keihins.
    91 440; PJS Viper 7000, jetsport exhaust mani, factory full pipe, coffman waterbox,solas 17*, jetco worked 440 pump, ocean pro nozzles. shredmaster ocean rideplate and grate combo, wide tray, footholds, deep strake mod, driveshaft fill,650sx quick turn

build thread part 1: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=331343
    build thread part 2: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=364872
    build thread part 3: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=396154

Quote Originally Posted by fastgtfairlane View Post
    if you can find t fitting adjusters for the keihins let me know. the sxr carbs are mikunis and t handle adjustment screws are readily available online. however i have not been able to find a set of t handles for the keihin carbs. you might can use a long screwdriver on the idle mixture screw but i have yet to find a way to adjust the high speed screw on the rear carb for dual keihins without taking the carbs off. again im talking about the dual keihins.
    Just make your own. Super easy. Drill the head, install roll pin, done
    90 X2 (750), 92 X2 (750), 93 X2 (750),93 X2 (750), 99 Ultra 150(sold) 1995 Waveblaster 1

Resident Guru

I actually use a very small thin screw driver. Realize that it requires very little force to turn the screw once your on it. put your left hand behind the carbs and with the right holding the screwdriver position it between the cylinder and the carb. Left hand guides it and the right turns it. Even on the best day it frustrating. But sure beats pulling them.
    Hooka- not sure how you would do what your saying the end of the screw is surrounded by a protective skirt that will not allow you to do what your saying. Perhaps you could post a picture of what you have done.

I use the bit from an interchangable driver set. Lean over from the other side of the ski in order to get the right angle with your fingers.

Disclaimer: I have been on the bank rocking my ski over to fish the dropped bit out from under the engine plate..

Resident Guru

Found these , they are 21.00 each. https://www.alliedleisurecorp.com/pr...oogle.com%252f
    Number 7 appears to be a low speed adjuster screw they dont have the high speed . but its never the problem
    Last edited by Hydro-Mike; 10-24-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro-Mike View Post
    Hooka- not sure how you would do what your saying the end of the screw is surrounded by a protective skirt that will not allow you to do what your saying. Perhaps you could post a picture of what you have done.
    You are correct. I forgot I cut those off to expose the t-handles. It doesn't effect anything as far a strength. Makes tuning a breeze

Resident Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hooka-2 View Post
    You are correct. I forgot I cut those off to expose the t-handles. It doesn't effect anything as far a strength. Makes tuning a breeze
    That's what I was thinking. Just a lot of work, but makes it easy from there forward. Good mod for winter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information