Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Kinda disappointed with a heavily modified 750

Thank you guys for the replys. Lemme try the question a different way. What impeller to run? I have concluded a sxr 13/18 is what most builds use, but some use 650 small hub 13/18, others use a big hub thats cut. Larger the hub, smaller the contact surface of blades and water. Used 650 13/18 is hundred bucks, where a cut back 13/18 is 250 plus new, and around 170 used. What is the mindset behind running the exact same pitch but in a big hub modified to fit?

X2 and WB's, Ive riddin both wb1 and 2's. To each their own. If my options came down to blaster or quit altogether, thats a easy choice. I completely disagree with the x2 and.blaster ride very similar, unless you basing similar on they both float, are jet drive propelled, and require gas ��. Also for reference im fat @ 6'2 260, but im not "My 600lb life" fat.

I am the most inexperienced and unknowledgeable person on this forum, so please forgive me if you have already read and considered the modifications in this Group K 750cc article:

http://www.groupk.com/k750.htm

As to your impeller question, it is not in the above article, but somewhere else, Group K was stating that the old school single pitch big center hub (?) impellers are inferior to the variable pitch small center hub (Solas?) modern impellers. In fact, they recommend a variable pitch impeller in the above article. I am very interested in your thread, so I hope you will continue to post your modifications and your results.
    Last edited by E350; 09-28-2017 at 12:22 PM.
    Learning Slowly...

As anyone thats searched these forums knows, the forum search function is lacking at best. The only way to find anything is to google whatever your looking for and add pwctoday at the end. Ive been doing that for days. Ive found many articals on cutting a sxr 13/18 swirl back for the 650 pump. I havent located one reason as to why buy a sxr swirl and have it machined to fit when solas and skat and others sell a 13/18 650 swirl. My question still remains? What benefit if any is there to spending more for a big hub swirl and have it modified for a 650 pump, when the same small hub swirl is less money and is made for the 650 pump. Which is also why i brought up the point that in the same size pump, with same stator assembly the big hub actually takes away a little of the surface area of the blades. Everyone is quick to tell guys to "learn to search" or " read the threads", but truthfully its hard to find what your looking for, since u have to use google to search the forums, and if what you are looking for specifically is on say page 193 of a thread, your probably not gona find it. Im just frusterated by the whole thing, now that i own probably the highest hp kawasaki twin ive ever owned, that in the sxi would pull away from a buddys xp800 untill it got so sketchy you had to let off, yet in the x2 its not much more than what i had. Im friggin close, i know its just impeller at this point, but due to the fact that i dont lnow where to get impellers for free, and they are not cheap, trial and error is not the method i can afford for finding the one. I do appreciate all the replys, i just havent gotton the reply that answers my question yet is all. Big hub swirl cut for 650 vs small hub swirl for 650 and why?

vocalDyslexic: You're likely younger, stronger and bigger than me, so don't think that I am just poking the lion, but have you actually contacted Solas PWC division or used their impeller finder, or their tech discussion or even contact one of their PWC tech's?

http://www.solas.com/newweb/pwcprodu...ch/default.asp

http://www.solas.com/newweb/pwcproduct/tech/default.asp

http://www.solas.com/newweb/pwcprodu...ct/default.asp
    Last edited by E350; 09-28-2017 at 05:49 PM.
    Learning Slowly...

I asked skat several questions regarding my scenario and about building a 12v 650 pump, my reply was simply, "we do not build, modify, or sell 650 pumps.", all the pitch questions were ignored.

I emailed impros the same questions but rec no reply.
    But to answet your question, no i haven't yet. I kinda thought the x2 experience here would be quicker....
    Last edited by vocalDyslexic; 09-28-2017 at 06:04 PM.

I rec a reply from impros a few min ago. Looks like in going to spend the money on a hooker instead. Atleast it will be put to good use and not just wasted on a prop��. Hooker 10/16 to be specific as to the recommendation.

Our hooker is crazy punch and is way faster than we can ride or are willing

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Hookers are never a waste of money
    Get your Fat Dudes T-shirts right here PM me for details !

Just remember your paying her to leave afterwards, NOTHING else

Does anyone know specifically what to do to run the fpp sxi limited exhaust i have in my x2. I keep reading that the sxi pipe is the only fpp thats its components are incompatible with other fpp stuff. It looks like it would fit. Just getting the gases to the waterbox looks tight. Has anyone ran this way. Altering the gasses routing from the bottom center bleed sxi chamber to the water box would have no effects on performance as long as nothing is closing off flow right. Altering shape, chamber etc would, but since everything thats needed to make ideal power is already complete, routing from chamber to waterbox is irrevelant i hope.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information