User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

951 Carb Routing-Question

Hey Bill: It has been a long time. I have stored all of my skiis for many years and now time to sell them. I recently restored my HX and sold it. Its now time for my stock XPL race boat. Since it sat with old gas, I am replacing all the fuel lines and rebuilt the carbs. Since all of the original blue lines deteriorated, I have nothing to go when replacing them. Also, my original pixs are blurry so a little difficult to go by.

My question is about connecting the carbs. I believe I have the main 1/4 inch lines connected on both sides of the carb, but I am not sure about the small brass outlets on top of the carb. Also, I have looped the acc pump to itself and blocked off the bottom of it with a rubber nipple. This I copied from an old picture. I believe I originally did this because the acc pump is eliminated and has been re-jetted to work correctly.

Can you look at my pictures and let me know. The first pictures are present day and the pixs of the carbs on the engine are my old pictures of how it was originally routed.

Thanks,

Juan

4.jpg2.jpg1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Seadoo Novice "Limited" R/A 800, "Stock" R/A 1200, TEAM SHARK #800, 2005 Hot Water Tour-3rd. Place Overall-Amateur Limited 800, 2005 APBA Nationals "Amateur Limited 800" 5th place.
    Sponsors: Elite Performance, Skat-Trak, Slippery, UMI Racing, M2R Helmets, Spy Optics, Fuel Clothing, Amsoil, Hot Products, LA Sleeve, Hydro Turf, SixSixOne, my job.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

Re: 951 Carb Routing-Question

Shark Bill is not around much anymore.....

Everything looks good...the 2 brass nipples that you have looped together are for the primer.

Looooong time no see. Good to see you are still kicking. You still in Tampa area ??

This is Dan formerly Water Worx

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

You need to cap the fitting on the rear carb under the accel pump area.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Guy View Post
    Shark Bill is not around much anymore.....

Everything looks good...the 2 brass nipples that you have looped together are for the primer.

Looooong time no see. Good to see you are still kicking. You still in Tampa area ??

This is Dan formerly Water Worx

Wow.... Water Worx... it has been a long time. Can you believe I have been storing all of my skiis all these years? Sold the HX last week and now it is time for the XPL. I will need to also sell my XP, but I will have to convert that back to stock so I dont loose so much money. I can't believe that I have forgot so many mechanical skills.... old age . Yeah..... after moving and living in Dallas for 5 years... we returned to Tampa in 2012.

Glad that I have everything together correctly. Yeah, the acc pump is disabled, looped to itself, and capped at the bottom... so looks like that is set. What should I used to cap. It already has a cap, but everything is old that I am afraid it is ready to deteriorate.

I have the acc. nozzles on the top of the carbs looped to themselves since they are not functioning. Were you talking about using these for primers? In Pix 2: On the top side of the carbs, I have the nozzles looped with a T connector. I assume that these are my primer inputs... correct?

Thanks for your help. Are you still playing with skiis?
    Last edited by TeamShark; 06-01-2018 at 07:23 AM.
    Seadoo Novice "Limited" R/A 800, "Stock" R/A 1200, TEAM SHARK #800, 2005 Hot Water Tour-3rd. Place Overall-Amateur Limited 800, 2005 APBA Nationals "Amateur Limited 800" 5th place.
    Sponsors: Elite Performance, Skat-Trak, Slippery, UMI Racing, M2R Helmets, Spy Optics, Fuel Clothing, Amsoil, Hot Products, LA Sleeve, Hydro Turf, SixSixOne, my job.

Thread Information