Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Re: 96 XP Engine Rebuild and Carb Rebuild problems

You did hook the water lines back up to the cylinders right?
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday Newbie

The two black hoses going into head? Yes.

PWCToday Newbie

I turned the low sides out another 1/2 turn (1 1/2 altogether) and it's not hesitating like it was out of the water. We'll see how it does when it's in the water tomorrow.

I think I found one of the places water is getting in...a couple of the rivets that hold the old black plastic foot mats are broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Case1 View Post
    The two black hoses going into head? Yes.
    No, the small tubing at the bottom of the cylinders, left side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday Newbie

Oh, yes those are hooked up. I think I found why it is taking on water. After inspecting the carbon ring I noticed the driveshaft wasn't right and on further inspection, I found this in the box where I put the nuts and bolts. the plug that goes on the end of the drive shaft... DOH!IMG_3593.JPG

That could possibly allow enough forward movement under power to unseat the carbon ring. But, only if the bellows is worn out.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

PWCToday Newbie

What's a bellow? I just got everything back together and I am gonna put it in the water and see if it fixed it or if it is still leaking. I also put a little more grease in the shaft.

I have the lows 1 1/2 turns out now and the highs just cracked open and it is still hesitating a little bit when I mash on the gas. Let me see what happens in the water.

The bellows is the black accordian boot the driveshaft comes through. Warm it up good before making any adjustments. You can back out the lows a bit more if necessary but I've never had to back any out further than 1 3/4 on a stock boat. Make sure complete flame arrestor assembly is installed. If its open it will run lean.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

PWCToday Newbie

Well, I just took it to the boat ramp and tied the front and rear end down with straps to the trailer, backed it into the water while still on the trailer, and started it up to see if the water was leaking in which I didn't notice any.

Here is what is going on with it now...it runs out of the water and I can get it past 1/3 throttle. Once I back it down into the water it will run but I can't get it past 1/3 throttle and then it will die.

Also, it isn't a stock motor anymore. I had SES rebuild it to their high-performance package so I wanted to share that in case it makes any difference on any adjustments.

Does the idle adjustment have anything to do with any of the issues I am having do you think? Like I say it runs descent out of the water.

Sounds like a fuel issue. Does it do this in the reserve position also? Have you tried pulling the choke a bit while revving? Does it die out or rev up more?

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information