User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

1994 kawasaki 750 sx ejects anyone who rides it at high speed!

I'm sure this is an old topic and been answered a million times but I'm new to this sport and I'm lost at what to do about this. I have a 94 750 sx that the previous owner put sponsons on and a pretty short ride plate. Being new at it I right away bought the longest ride plate I could find to reduce the porpoising. I got the worx 307 I believe. That fixed the porpoising but now this thing will just eject you at high speed. I thought maybe it was just my inexperience so I put 2 other guys on it who are good and it ejected them as well. They won't even ride it now haha. I had a mechanic tell me the problem was my ride plate was too long and dipping the nose too much to run front sponsons....does this sound correct? Or should I sell the thing asap? Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Badams; 09-15-2017 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Horrible spelling. I blame autocorrect

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Re: 1994 kawasaki 750 sx ejects anyone who rides it at high speed!

It makes sense to me because the 750 hull doesnt like to go straight AND flat. It wants to teeter over left or right. Combine that with front sponsons and i could see how it might suddenly pitch a rider. Try the old ride plate and see what happens.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Frequent Poster

I used to run that same WORX 307 ride plate on my fully modified (high compression, total loss ignition, mechanical fuel injection) 750SX with SXi Pro rear sponsons. At high speed (above 57 mph) it would slowly roll over and I would fall off. I got used to it and learned to compensate for the roll... but it was no fun to ride. I changed the ride plate to a custom extended (longer than WORX plate) R&D ride plate and it never rolled again. I redrilled the WORX plate and use it on my SXR so I don't think the plate is out of true nor defective. I just think the WORX plate isn't well suited for the 750SX hulls. I have seen plenty of extended ride plates that work well on 750SX hulls and track perfectly straight/stable at high speeds.
    Last edited by johnjetski; 09-15-2017 at 02:34 AM.
    1992 750SX Limited
    1993 750SX Modified
    1996 Wave Blaster Stock
    2003 Super Jet Stock
    2005 800SX-R Stock
    2009 800SX-R Stock

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Chester's Avatar

Try a Jet Dynamics.

Chester
    Speed is very expensive. How fast do you want to spend?

Stand up:
    98 SXi-Pro

Couches:

96 XP
    86 X2

Frequent Poster

I agree, Jet Dynamics is probably the best plate out there as long as you don't need the room for a drop nozzle.
    1992 750SX Limited
    1993 750SX Modified
    1996 Wave Blaster Stock
    2003 Super Jet Stock
    2005 800SX-R Stock
    2009 800SX-R Stock

Thread Information