Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home spitz15's Avatar

Re: Air Blair Dart rider review

Thats an awesome looking ski. Did jeff build the entire thing? You need to ditch that B2 nozzle and add some XS trim to it.
    Im addicted...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

Had a very brief break in this crap Michigan weather yesterday. So, my daughter and I launched my Dart and the one I just purchased for her. Still doing a little prep on her ski, so I will post photos at a later date. Her ski has a 701 61X with a Factory B Pipe. I was very surprised how much torque and power it had given a relatively mild mill. I wanted her to get some ride time on it before I added the Blowsion head to kick up compression. For now, her ski has way more power and capability than a 13 year old needs. But, she is brave and anxious to back flip her new toy. We plan to enter her in an IJSBA event this summer in Freestyle and Slalom. Don't really want her to bump hulls in a novice class closed course race with a lot of inexperienced riders.

My Dart with the ported 760, Protec Pipe and Protec Head fired right up after a long winters nap. I forgot how much damn torque and power this thing has. Anyway it was great to splash the skis and at least attempt to get the season underway. Today the weather is back to cold, crap and more rain on the way. So, I fired up the garage heater and decided to add a pole stop to my ski and at least hang out with them in a warm and dry environment. Before yesterdays test run, I replaced the Yamaha fuel pick up unit with a Cold Fusion Billet unit. It is a nice piece and I liked the one I ran on my FX-1.

So, to add to the ride report of these Air Blair Darts.. I just purchased a second one and I think I that speaks volumes about what I think of these hulls. Had a chance to see one of his new Fixxie hulls up close and personal. I will get a chance to ride at least one Air blair Fixxie this summer. And I can already tell, I will dig it. So... I am making room in the garage for a possible third AB hull. If I do add a Fixxie, I think I will buy the hull and build it my self. It ill make for a great winter project.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JSNate; 04-14-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Resident Guru

Good to hear Nate! I feel the same. If there's a more capable surf hull out right now I would be surprised, my fixxy has a great feel to it. I felt right at home on it from the first ride. You do have to ride it aggressively to get all that it's capable of giving you. But that is a strong point for me. It reacts exactly as it should for each input. In big waves I already feel comfortable (about a hour) on this hull.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

Mike, I am looking forward to riding your Fixxie. That Sea-Doo engine makes it the most unique surf ski around. Friday offered a very small window to spring test our skis. Natalie was all smiles after testing her Dart. She can't wait to get back on the lake and start to practice tricks. She has been obsessed with watching freestyle videos online. One video in particular is a tutorial on how to do a flat water back-flip. she has watched over and over again. Since she is a gymnast, she feels confident in her ability. She watched the video with me and said "Dad.. It's just a back tuck on a ski"!

See you soon and can't wait to get your feedback on my skis and tryout your new toy. Rumor has it that spring can and will bring more appropriate riding weather!!30176598_10214049963501011_955791805_o.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information