Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Long Time Troll, First Time Poster

Last September setting on the beach on Marco Island (I really have those folks on my mind and in my prayers today with Irma moving in) I really wanted a jet ski. I wanted to rent one but couldn't bring myself to pay what they were asking and swore that I'd find a nice used PWC to bring with me next trip to the beach. So I began my research. I trolled PWC forums and Craigslist nation wide to be sure I would know what I wanted and what the real market prices are. I set my budget and this summer I really started the search.

I located several that I liked but most were really far away or sold by the time I contacted the seller. Playing it cool I felt the market in Kentucky would open up after Labor Day and I was right!! This sweet Honda was listed last Sunday and I contacted the seller within a few hours of his posting. Best thing was he was only a county away and there is a small lake only two miles from his home.

Made the appointment for this morning to view and ride the unit. Checked it all out and very little rust on the housing of the turbo. Everything looked clean and in order. Rode it up to 62 mph (OMG this thing gets there quickly) and I was sold. Brought this baby home. Only 87 hours on the clock!!
    20170909_133945.jpg

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Long Time Troll, First Time Poster

Got her out on the water today for about three hours. The craft is solid all around. Really enjoyed having Laurel Lake here in Southern Kentucky pretty much all to myself.

It was a little nerve racking backing it in alone for my first ever launch. But thanks to threads here and videos on YouTube it all went off without a hitch.

If the first outing goes good , your hooked, welcome to the addiction
    94' Kawi TS 650cc
    93' Kawi TS, in progress

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks!!! Now to get the oxidization off her and make her shiny all over again

I think you mean to say you are a long time LURKER, because:

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement."

"Lurking is a slang term for when an individual reads a message board without posting or engaging with the community. Lurking is sometimes encouraged by forum moderators as a way for new members to get a sense of the community and etiquette before participating."

Well said JC.
    94' Kawi TS 650cc
    93' Kawi TS, in progress

Thread Information