User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

What's Up! I got a question

I'm in the market for new stand-ups. Right before labor day weekend, both my '91 Kawi 550SX's were stolen off my trailer.

I love to get rad on the water: hop over stuff (more low end power desired), splash things(cut loose hull design), submarine (after market bilge pump). The old kawasakis were a blast. Small and light design, easy to work on and I became very familiar and comfortable with the stock layout. But under-powered. My wife is the opposite of me. Loves going top end fast, hard carving, no slip. She's a speed racer.

I'd like a step up in power. I'm sure arguments can be made for both Kawasaki and Yamaha stand-ups. I'd like to hear them. How do the two compare: rideability, reliability, maintenance, price, needed upgrades?

Thanks for any and all responses and welcoming me to the club.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home TMali's Avatar

Re: What's Up! I got a question

Well.... how much would you like to spend?

I wouldnt get any 650sx's. Not a fan of the way they handle or how under powered they really are.

I would maybe hop into a pair of 750sx's or SN Superjets. You can set either of them up for low end power or top end speed. Your call

Re: What's Up! I got a question

I don't have a lot to spend right now ($3K) and I'd like to get two. By the time I do some research may be closer to ($8K).

I was thinking the same thing for power, atleast 700cc. I'd love to find a pair, 750sx and a Superjet. Set the superjet up for exploding out of water and probably leave the kawasaki bone stock.

What is all the rage about the square nose over other designs, models, and years? I keep hearing good thing about the SN. Obviously, I've never rode one.

Thread Information