User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

'97 SLTX 1050: factory lines; thumb throttle; oil; stall

I acquired SLTX w/low hours: 34. Still has the defective fuel lines, however it's from AZ. They might not put ethanol in their gas. I'm in CA, so I'll b swapping those out asap. Replaced the fuel sender float, otherwise all stock. Carbs look crazy clean, even with the original fuel lines!!!
    what do I have to replace re: fuel lines. Size & length? Store recommendation?

Im not a fan of the thumb throttle at all. It's terrible. Billet finger throttle? If so, what all is needed for that swap?

Oil? Loads of conflicting reports. I don't want crap but o don't want to break the bank. Penzoil has two Marine, both 2 stroke. Pennzoil Marine Premium Plus Outboard 2 Cycle Motor Oil
    or XLF
    which one?

It can stall at no wake zone speed. Does t seem to like that at all. Hopefully related to the lines. Ideas?

Multi-Function display works, though faded/weak numbers. Speed count is intermittent

Re: '97 SLTX 1050: factory lines; thumb throttle; oil; stall

I use walmart tcw-3. works fine. Rumblings online that its actually made by Peak with a walmart sticker on it. been using for 15 years without issue.

if you want to do the throttle on the cheap - you can carve out some of the foam handlebar pad and just flip ur thumb throttle to make it a finger throttle (if you have the longer style lever).

All the grey fuel lines need to be replaced. And the pulse line probably wouldn't be bad either. Stalling at low speed can be anything from an idle adjustment to dirty carbs. The MFD's usually go like that. they fade and fade until everything is gone. You could pop open the electric box and check the fuse if its a slow blow, maybe it can be replaced.
    87 650sx Red - 38mm 3 jet, Bored intake, Pipe Mod+TS Mani, Quadrafin plate, Thruster Scoop, Skat 16, 7^ bars, Pole Spring, Lanyard/Bilge Button, Finger Throttle
    88 650sx Blue - 40mm, Bored intake, Pipe Mod+TS Mani, Jetlyne plate, WC Superdeep, Skat 13/16, 4^ bars, Pole Spring, Lanyard/Bilge Button, Finger Throttle

Re: '97 SLTX 1050: factory lines; thumb throttle; oil; stall

Thank you very much. I was hearing crickets too long. Appreciate it all.

Thread Information