• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lbalding
    PWCToday Regular
    • Jan 2015

Gp1300r code 189

Was out riding my gp1300r and I started getting an alarm with a.code 189. I'm having trouble finding what the code means? anyone seen this before?
  • lbalding
    PWCToday Regular
    • Jan 2015

Re: Gp1300r code 189

I found that this is showing a 188 during start..so probably not a code. However, the ski is still not starting. I did temporarily see a code 13(TPS). Is there a way to check for this. The manual says I have to check the voltage on the circuit. Can I just bypass it?

Comment

• lbalding
      PWCToday Regular
      • Jan 2015

I verified that I have spark and pulled the fuel line from the tank and have fuel pressure. Also, I was able to spray ether into the intake and it still will still not catch. I check the compression and it's good. I'm not sure what to check next. Could it be that I have broken reeds? Would I have good compression in the cylinder if there is a crank compression issue?

Thanks for any help..

Comment

• 2strokesmoke
        Top Dog
        • May 2011

You can still have compression with bad reeds or a broken piston.

Comment

• lbalding
          PWCToday Regular
          • Jan 2015

Thanks for the reply, I'm guessing at this point the motor is not a able to get any fuel into the piston cylinder so it might have a crank compression issue. I'll take a look at that next.

Thanks again

Comment

• 2strokesmoke
            Top Dog
            • May 2011

Your timing may be off as well. You have spark, but is it at the correct point of crank rotation. Pull the stator and check the flywheel for correct index on the key way.

Comment

• lbalding
              PWCToday Regular
              • Jan 2015

Hey gang,

What's the best way to check the crank case compression? It has pulsar ports that I could hook a hose to so I hooked a fuel pressure gauge up and it flutter below 10psi. I'm pouring over the manual to try and find the spec but haven't found it yet.

Thanks

Comment

• lbalding
                PWCToday Regular
                • Jan 2015

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170909_183507.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.57 MB
ID:	4373421

2strokesmoke, uploaded is the stator. What is the correct key way on the flywheel? I'm i just making sure that I didn't sheer the key?

How is the weather down in miami btw? You safe?

that again for you help gang.
                Last edited by lbalding; 09-09-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• lbalding
                  PWCToday Regular
                  • Jan 2015

Maybe this will be helpful to someone else, it turns out that after all the taking the ski apart and putting back together that this turns out to be a bad connection on the rear temp sensor. The wire had been cut and only tapped back together with electrical tape. When I pulled the tape off and did a proper connection with crimps and shrink wrap the ski fired right up like nothing had ever been wrong.

Maybe someday I'll look back at this and laugh.

Comment

• 2strokesmoke
                    Top Dog
                    • May 2011

Thanks for asking, we luckily got spared from the worst of the storm. Just had loss of power for about a week and lots of yard work. That's weird, My buddies connector went out and he had zero spark. It would crank all day, but no fire. Glad you got her running again.

Comment

Working...
                    X