Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Another Blaster Build

Well after chasing one for years I finally tracked down a Blaster. They are rare as hens teeth around here and bring stupid money, even when pretty rough. I scored this from a guy who's had it for the past 10 years. Very nice shape other than the typical minor chips here and there and some usual beaching marks. I won't say what I paid as most would probably crap their pants lol.

Has an R&D ride plate, Protec pipe, and unknown grate and prop. Other than that she appears pretty much stock. I've had so much fun on the x4 1100 I'm going to do the same treatment to the blaster. I'm waffling back and forth between the Kawi and Yammy powerplant though. I absolutely love the Kawi in my x4 but they are getting harder to find. I tracked down a nice complete Yammy 1100 that I'm eyeing. I'll see the complete motor/electronics out of this to offset the new motor.

I'm also half debating pulling the nasty 1100 out of my x4, putting it in the blaster and replacing the x4 with a "mostly" stock 1100.

20170830_201539.jpg20170830_201553.jpg20170830_201728.jpg

Re: Another Blaster Build

Subd'

Yami 1200 is the way to go from what I hear.

post lotsa pics!!
    2017 Jet Jam Racing "Region 2" Sport GP Champion

Thanks 2017 sponsors....

Reno KTM
    DirtTricks
    Reno / Tahoe Watercraft Connection
    Hunt & Sons / VP Racing Fuels
    Garate Enterprises (The Powder Man)
    On the Mark Construction, Reno NV

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEH2O View Post
    Subd'

Yami 1200 is the way to go from what I hear.

post lotsa pics!!
    How much heavier is the 1200 than the 1100? It's just a rec machine so I'm not super concerned, but light is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Alter Ego Trip View Post
    How much heavier is the 1200 than the 1100? It's just a rec machine so I'm not super concerned, but light is right.
    I dunno? But Denny put the smack down on us last year with his 1200 yami powered HX in Sport GP.
    Plus it might fit in there like it was meant to be?
    2017 Jet Jam Racing "Region 2" Sport GP Champion

Thanks 2017 sponsors....

Reno KTM
    DirtTricks
    Reno / Tahoe Watercraft Connection
    Hunt & Sons / VP Racing Fuels
    Garate Enterprises (The Powder Man)
    On the Mark Construction, Reno NV

I've seen a couple done online. Have to dig into that. The yammy 1100 is tempting due to cost. I can snag it for about 650 shipped. Have to see what a 1200 will cost if i can find one.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Rushford_Ripper's Avatar

Looks like a aftermarket coffmans? waterbox too!

Quote Originally Posted by Rushford_Ripper View Post
    Looks like a aftermarket coffmans? waterbox too!
    Yeah, I dug into it a bit more last night. It has a milled head, aftermarket wb, and an MSD advancer. Shouldn't be too tough to package this bad boy up and sell it.

Time to start sourcing some goodies. Getting ready to spend some more jing with RadDudes.

For what it's worth guys back in the day I disassembled a brand-spanking-new GP 1200 r. The exhaust system by itself weighed nearly 55 lb. The new triple pipes we put in contained in the cardboard box weighed in at 51 lb. My suspicion is the total weight of the 1200 motor is in the 150 lbs category as you're in the 110 lb category on 1100. Non power valve. Work on weight issues and not horsepower issues in my advice

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Do the math on 75 lbs mtrs vs putting in 150 lb Motors. 4tec weighs in at 197. Increase the weight of the motors and decrease the weight of the hull somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Seadoodoc View Post
    For what it's worth guys back in the day I disassembled a brand-spanking-new GP 1200 r. The exhaust system by itself weighed nearly 55 lb. The new triple pipes we put in contained in the cardboard box weighed in at 51 lb. My suspicion is the total weight of the 1200 motor is in the 150 lbs category as you're in the 110 lb category on 1100. Non power valve. Work on weight issues and not horsepower issues in my advice

I agree and disagree to some point. In the world of drag racing every lb you can shave off is critical. It's been proven with the waveblaster that they respond really well to the extra weight when it comes to buoy chasing, etc. Now where is the line between enough and too much, I don't know. I think how the weight is distributed is as important as the total amount of weight.

I like the 1200 idea as I really don't want a heavily modified motor this time around. I'd like to basically drop in and go, with the exception of maybe a head. That being said; I'm not willing to spend twice the money on a 1200 vs a Kawi 1100. I don't think I'd be happy with the Yammy 1100 but maybe I'm wrong there.

I guess I'm curious how a Yammy with just a head would compare to the Kawi with GP1200 carbs, head, dry pipe and ignition advance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information