User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

08 VX 110 Cruiser won't start

Ok ran my waverunners all summer no problems at all, I put them in the lake on Monday and the ran great. Today one started acting up, when you push the start button the display worked but that was all, the engine wouldn't turn. I pressed the unlock button on the remote and then pressed the start button and it would start right up. It happened twice today but started every other time. When I was finished for the day it happened again except this time when pressing the remote there was no beep (unlock or lock) and the display did not light up at all. The security light did go on but that's it. I here like a crackling sound over by the fuse box when I press the remote button but nothing else works. Anyone have any idea?
    Last edited by seanpa; 08-30-2017 at 11:40 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Re: 08 VX 110 Cruiser won't start

Youve had a wire break in the wiring harness. It is common on the vx series. I had one doing that a while back and did tons of research and spent hours troubleshooting then fixed it with a harness. Obviously check all fuses, grounds, and battery condition first.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Thank you I will check that stuff this morning and look through the harness. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the info.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home cyrillefrenchy's Avatar

i would start by a battery load test first and and make sure battery terminals are clean and tight then if battery is strong 100% i would check for solid 12 v at the red wire on white 2 ways connecting plug under steering column( white plug has 2 wires, one red and one brown, the red is the hot going the start switch and the brown is the one going to feed starter relay, this white connector is known for corroding, look for green brown corrosion build up in terminals. second common problem is the receiver located in front of the gas tank, that little square box encapsulated with ribber is going bad a lot, no way to check it beside replacing with a good known one.

Thread Information