Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: Newbie help plz!! buying guidance. TX residents welcome

Thank you I appreciate it. I'll keep a eye out. Do you just wear wet suits to keep dry & warm?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Re: Newbie help plz!! buying guidance. TX residents welcome

A wet suit won't keep you dry just as the name implies. A 3/2 mm thick one should be good down to water and air temps down to 45-50 F, depending on how much of a cold wimp you are (and I am definitely a cold wimp). A 5/4 mm suit is even warmer. Adding neoprene gloves, boots, socks, and sometimes a helmet could get you down to about 40 F. Some people will ride with air temps below freezing and all the way up to some ice forming in the water. A dry suit (expensive though) can really do the trick for those cases. Note that a standup ski is a very wet experience and if you're blazing around at 40+ MPH it's a heck of a wind chill. I try and ride at least every 3 weeks in the winter, but it doesn't get bone chilling cold here.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information