Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

World's cleanest 2004 SJ

After years of thinking about it, I think it's time to put my beloved ski up for sale. This 2004 Superjet MUST be the cleanest one in the world. Seriously. I am the original owner, bought it new in 2005. My best guess is that it has about 30 total hours on the ski (fresh water only on lake St. Clair). Due to circumstances beyond my control, my typical ride has been to float it off the trailer, ride for 30 to 90 minutes and float it back onto the trailer. It's never even been pulled onto a beach. Even the bottom of the hull doesn't have a scratch. In fact, if there's a single scratch anywhere, I haven't found it. Garage kept out of the elements every day of it's life.

I've been riding it an average of once every two years for the last few years. Don't worry I siphon out the old gas and put new stuff in before riding. Of course I road it a few times a year for the first two or three years after I bought it. I was in my late 40's when I bought this and now I'm closing in on 60. I took it out last week and I can still get up on it, even in deep rough water but it's not easy. I'm asking $5,500 for it and that may seem like a lot but look closely at the pictures. This thing is literally like it's still on the showroom floor, brand new. I'm in St. Clair Shores, Mi. (about 20 miles north of picturesque Detroit). PM me if interested.

SDC10702.JPGSDC10706.JPGSDC10703.JPGSDC10704.JPGSDC10371.JPGSDC10387.JPGSDC10393.JPGSDC10386.JPGSDC10374.JPG

Tau Ceti flame arrestors and Blowsion bypass fitting (engine stock otherwise)
    UMI steering conversion with 1 inch shorter Blowsion steering plate
    Blowsion 4 degree bars and clamps
    ODI lock-on grips/end caps
    Plot (I think) trigger throttle
    Solas Concord impeller (pitched and balanced by Impros)
    Red annodized aluminum impeller cone (set screw type)
    Wet Wolf blue anodized pump cone (nozzle bore is stock)
    Pro-Tec top loader intake grate
    Pro-Tec extended length ride plate
    Yamaha accessory aluminum gas cap and nose/tray bushings
    Jettrim chin pad cover
    OEM Yamaha cover (never used, still in box)
    Exotic signs chrome/red registration no's. (Michigan buyer could keep using them)
    Original graphics (lower side graphics removed because I hated them)
    All stock parts are included with ski
    Clear title/regestered thru 2020 (sticker put on ski since these pictures were taken)

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

Re: World's cleanest 2004 SJ

Beautiful ski!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Maulin Marto's Avatar

Super nice ski. Pretty fair price compared to what a new SJ would run a guy. GLWS
    2010 UWP Masters National Champion, Governor's Cup / 2013 GLWC Masters #1/2013 GLWC Ski Slalom #1/2013 Vet Open #2
    2009 & 2010 Vet Open Great lakes Champion /2009 GLWC Masters #1 2009 Sport spec #1 /GLWC 2011 #3 Vet Open

Ebay Store Link> http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Uncle-Martos-Parts-Store

Very very nice looking ski. Does it come with the trailer?

For reference, here's a Michigan Dealership selling a brand new 2017 SuperJet for $7K:

http://www.graceperformance.com/defa...rce=craigslist

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_ii View Post
    Very very nice looking ski. Does it come with the trailer?
    I also have a 1995 550sx Kawasaki that hasn't been started in about 10 years. Believe it or not it's in about the same shape as the superjet. If I can get it running, and lose about 30 lbs. I might need the trailer for that. So the price shown is for the ski only.
    Last edited by Milkdudd; 08-29-2017 at 10:16 AM.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JC-SuperJet View Post
    For reference, here's a Michigan Dealership selling a brand new 2017 SuperJet for $7K:

I see your point. Really I do. But which one would you rather ride? Mine or a stock new one? And would a new one attract a crowd saying DAMN! And what would the out-the-door price be for a new one if the dealer installed all the parts that I have on mine? I think you'd be over $9,000 at that point. If somebody already had all the parts and could do the work themselves, then it would make much more sense I guess for a new one.

PM Sent

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Maulin Marto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JC-SuperJet View Post

Very rare to get a new SJ out the door for any less than about $8100, after the dealer adds in all the shet they don't dare put in the ad. I wonder if they would honor that 3 year warranty on ALL 2017's? Can you say miss-print? Or Bait and switch?
    2010 UWP Masters National Champion, Governor's Cup / 2013 GLWC Masters #1/2013 GLWC Ski Slalom #1/2013 Vet Open #2
    2009 & 2010 Vet Open Great lakes Champion /2009 GLWC Masters #1 2009 Sport spec #1 /GLWC 2011 #3 Vet Open

Ebay Store Link> http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Uncle-Martos-Parts-Store

Quote Originally Posted by Maulin Marto View Post
    Very rare to get a new SJ out the door for any less than about $8100, after the dealer adds in all the shet they don't dare put in the ad. I wonder if they would honor that 3 year warranty on ALL 2017's? Can you say miss-print? Or Bait and switch?
    Michigan skis seem to get about +$1K more than skis than in southern states from Texas to Florida; maybe it's the "freshwater " premium...

I know the 2018 Sj's will be arriving soon, so could be promotional end of season/year price or maybe it's a bait and switch.

Form my perspective, I pay more for Excellent condition (which his is), Rick Roy Handlepole and Steering, True/Sanded Hull, Front/Rear Sponsons, Magnum Pump, good A/M Pipe, MSD or Advent Ignition, good Porting work.

Other components such as A/M Ride Plate, Intake Grate, Straight Bars, Flame Arrestors, Cylinder Head, Tray Mat, Impeller, Electric Bilge don't really enhance the price of a used ski because it's supposed to come with those parts, stock or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information