Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Rebuilding a fx140 cruiser engine

So I purchased a torn apart ski that the original owner had a mechanic tear apart and had some cylinder work done to the case. Needless to say I got the ski very cheap and inspected all parts and have Minmal wear.. ski has 27 hours on everything. The owner couldn't tell me what had happened to the ski(evidence of hydrolock) but that he had it honed out at .50mm over.. well after checking it with a dial bore gauge it wasn't even close. I had to then hone it again and got it to spec for the pistons since he did the hone without pistons... lol anyway as I'm putting this together is there anything that I need to address that are issues in this motor..such as the oil pump has not been torn down and is complete, is this worth opening up or jut checking it when it's hooked up. Any little insite helps .. I've replaced all bearings just to be safe and have measured to make sure all is within spec of oem

Thanks

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home David3aces's Avatar

Re: Rebuilding a fx140 cruiser engine

spin the drive coupler to see if the pump housing is binding. If the engine didn't blow up or get water in the oil, the pump is probably ok. Run new oil through it.

Thread Information