» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round two.

PWCToday Regular Old man rookie's Avatar

Re: Round two.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertybert View Post
    2003 ultra classic. I rescued it from a long time friend whom didn't have the money to keep it up.
    I had plans to paint it, lost intrest, after getting quotes from 3 to 6k to paint it.
    27k miles. Runs good. New tires, brakes batttery, misc other new parts.
    $4500
    Guess I should of kept reading ... Haha

Free 1996 Seadoo HX... I noticed an ad for jet skis & trailers yesterday on Craigslist during my daily search for a trailerable cabin cruiser. The photo was a familiar house I pass daily just down the lake and I knew the skis had been sitting about 6 years. I called and was told the 4 skis and 2 trailers were spoken for but the seller said heíd call back if they didnít show up.

This morning I get a call and was told the HX buyer didnít show and could look at it. When I arrived the fella told me I could have the HX if I wanted it but he wanted the trailer back for a Polaris he decided to keep. The wife gave a thumbs up so we took it home, pressure washed it, & skid it onto a shop stand.

Progress report will follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one gets good.

The HX turned out to be locked up in a bad way. I was planning to sell enough parts to pay the dump bill and gas. The guy that gave it to me sent a message wanting to know if it was running. When I said no itís trashed he told me to come trade it for another one. I thought about it and said why not. He had a Polaris and a Kawasaki XI sport 750. I know the Kawasaki 750 from stand up experience. I told him Iíd give him $100 for it if I could get it to run in an hour. DEAL!!!

The ski was filthy outside but inside was clean. Like the seadoo it had sat for 6+ years. The key difference was the Kawasaki had been kept in a garage.

I started tinkering with it and my new pal is watching in amazement and calling me the jet ski king or something (Iím not a mechanic and hate the idea of cleaning carbs). Then he points out his neighbors smoking pot. The neighbor soon comes out and tells us he on his way to church. I asked if it was normal to go to church stoned and was told that was typical.

I basically dump a little fuel in the carb, run cables to the truck battery, and hit the green button and it fired up like a champ. Compression is at 140 and the plugs looked good. The hull looks like it needs sandblasted. With a little pressure washing, a battery, and some fuel I will hopefully have something to ride around with my kids for a year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sit down made it to the water tonight and it was a hit with the whole family. I had the honor of taking my 8 month old daughter on her first ride. The ski smoked a bit at first but soon cleared out. I cant believe The carbs didn't need to be cleaned or even touched. I am quickly becoming a fan of the Kawasaki 750 reliability.
    IMG_2098.JPG

All it took to get this one running was a battery and gas. I got very lucky. I will probably convert it to pre-mix over the winter.
    Last edited by N.Penley; 10-15-2020 at 11:11 PM.

I am still a little bummed out about the HX being locked up. The HX, XP, X2, & Blaster are the only sit down skis that I find interesting.

PWCToday Newbie

Next times HAS to go better..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information