pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Anyone have a good exhaust manifold for sale?

Would prefer a fresh water one.

Thanks!
    05 F-12X

I'm on the drinking diet. I lost 2 days already.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JR IN JAX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Anyone have a good exhaust manifold for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by west_coaster View Post
    Would prefer a fresh water one.

Thanks!
    Even the new ones are not good. Honda needs to improve their casting process.
    Honda Pilot NAVI
    F150 4x4
    3 '06 F12Xs
    CR250
    2 CR80s
    1 XR100
    2 PW50s
    1 Vento Phantom 150
    1 Honda SHI 150
    '98 Allison Grandsport/Merc 2.5 SS
    Jax. Fl.

"Confidence is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation"

"The automated aircraft of the future will have a crew of two; a pilot and a dog".
    The pilot is tasked with feeding the dog. The dog is to bite the pilot if he touches the controls.

"Any ship can be a minesweeper,,, once".

Quote Originally Posted by JR IN JAX View Post
    Even the new ones are not good. Honda needs to improve their casting process.
    Well that's not comforting.....

Time to get a newer more modern ski.
    05 F-12X

Too bad we can't find someone that can repair these, I'm going to take my old manifold apart and see if I can figure out where it's leaking. Best thing would be to get a company to make a casting for one and stamp out about 100 of these but make it slightly thicker. Might be worth while to look at the H20 Extreme stainless steel exhaust.

Banjomaniac
    Last edited by banjomaniac; 08-24-2017 at 12:23 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JR IN JAX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by banjomaniac View Post
    Too bad we can't find someone that can repair these, I'm going to take my old manifold apart and see if I can figure out where it's leaking. Best thing would be to get a company to make a casting for one and stamp out about 100 of these but make it slightly thicker. Might be worth while to look at the H20 Extreme stainless steel exhaust.

Banjomaniac
    Dale [from AU] and I talked quite a bit about the manifold problem [while he was visiting the US recently] and he had investigated what was causing the failures. He found the thin passages were very porous and could hold salt in the pits. The next one I have go bad, I hope to send my in new 1080P endoscope/borescope into it to see the leakage.

I am not sure that H20 Extreme is still in business. I was also told their SS headers were not for rec riding since they would overheat.

I do not see how Honda can continue to sell a very expensive part that is clearly defective. Maybe that is why they are on national backorder, to prevent someone from sending the lawyers to visit them.

Honda is definitely not the company they used to be, from the car's VCM engine failures to the weak valve springs on the Aquatrax.
    Last edited by JR IN JAX; 08-24-2017 at 03:59 PM.
    Honda Pilot NAVI
    F150 4x4
    3 '06 F12Xs
    CR250
    2 CR80s
    1 XR100
    2 PW50s
    1 Vento Phantom 150
    1 Honda SHI 150
    '98 Allison Grandsport/Merc 2.5 SS
    Jax. Fl.

"Confidence is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation"

"The automated aircraft of the future will have a crew of two; a pilot and a dog".
    The pilot is tasked with feeding the dog. The dog is to bite the pilot if he touches the controls.

"Any ship can be a minesweeper,,, once".

Can't wait to get mine running and sell it. Pretty disgusted about spending $800 on a part that rotted out, that's clearly in a spot that should be designed not to.

If I'm thinking correctly, the manifold cracks/rots and lets exhaust into the water jacket. Also cracks/rots and lets water escape from the water jacket into the hull. So it's actually 2 problems, the exhaust into the water jacket, and then the water jacket leaking. I'm thinking of essentially a typical exhaust header completely surrounded by a water jacket to control heat.

If this is correct, I wonder how many Honda's have the initial crack with water getting into the exhaust without the external leak to the hull. This would explain many skis having less than optimal performance as there is also water going through the turbo exhaust wheel/housing.

I can guarantee mine will never see water again with me being the owner. I'm so sour on Honda now I can't wait to sell it. I know there is no perfect ski, but I'm not going to deal with national backorders again.

Rant off.
    Last edited by west_coaster; 08-24-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    05 F-12X

call Brian. He has them new, at a steep discount, and can give you installation tips. Great guy. http://jetskisint.com/
    lots of ski's over the yrs..

Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    call Brian. He has them new, at a steep discount, and can give you installation tips. Great guy. http://jetskisint.com/
    They are still on National Backorder according to JetSkiInt.
    05 F-12X

Thread Information