Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

Re: How to tow a 06 VX in water?

Lee with all due respect you should not tell people how things work...on jetskis anyway.

Come on Grumpy! No need to barrage Lee like that. He was only trying to help and he wasn't the only one that told me to clamp off that hose. I think that confusion is very common. At least he took the time to reply (with diagrams, annotated pictures, etc). I really appreciate both of you for taking the time to answer this question. I think this thread will be a great resource for many.

Lee, I'd love to take you up on that offer! I bet it's beautiful over there in SC. All we have close by is the Ohio river. Not terrible not definitely nothing like an ocean or pristine lake.

Thanks guys,
    Jeff

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

I said "with all due respect"

Waverunner - Towing

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpat View Post
    No need to barrage Lee
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No problem Jeff. I am perfectly okay with it. People do not change. They are the way they are, and they like themselves the way they are. I get it. We have all types

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpat View Post
    I think this thread will be a great resource for many.

Lee, I'd love to take you up on that offer!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you Jeff. My purpose IS to be a resource. I like to help people. I DO think the thread will be helpful. When I am mistaken I correct myself when I learn what is right. I had been puzzled over the coolant direction in this machine for some time. The venturi in the exhaust got me off on an incorrect path. The venturi got my attention because I have used the venturi in designs of my own. Although I did not use it in any of my American or European Patents, I did use it in equipment designs used for mass manufacture of American product.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It is beautiful here in Charleston SC. I noticed it 17yrs ago and decided to stay. I love the water. I have a Master SCUBA Certification so the offshore blue water and the treasures (old sunken sailing vessels, Spanish and French coins, Civil War pieces, Indian Artifacts, prehistoric fossils) found on the bottom of the rivers got my attention. My professional background is Advanced Engineering
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We do have a lake but my focus has been the rivers. We have fantastic rivers. The ocean is fun but bouncy. I prefer a 35 foot boat when spending the day on the ocean.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My ski has been good to me. It has been a fun toy. LOTS of great memories. I may buy another
    Last edited by Lee Taylor; 08-23-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Owner. Rider. Maintenance. 15yrs.
    2002 Yamaha. FX140. 1000cc. Cruiser. Collectors model.
    2017 Lowes Stryker 16. Mercury 50hp 4-stroke.
    Video: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...CHDiKr9UqpdsAV

PWCToday Guru

Re: Waverunner - Towing

Flooding the motor while towing is done the same way cooling water is supplied to the engine. Water, under pressure from the jet pump, is forced up into the cooling hose to all the users of cooling water in the engine bay. If you tow a ski fast enough, a pressure differential is created via venturi effect due to water moving through the pump. Push enough water through the pump, you will create enough pressure to supply cooling water to the engine. I personally recommend a wave eater tow valve. Install it, and if you tow, shut it. Just remember to open it once you start the ski.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information