Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: surf slam 2017

PWCToday Newbie

surf slam 2017

whats the nearest camp ground or go to hotel? Was planning on using my cab over camper. They kick you off the beach at dark or could I crash in my camper there?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home rdrttoy's Avatar

Re: surf slam 2017

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdgearpinned View Post
    whats the nearest camp ground or go to hotel? Was planning on using my cab over camper. They kick you off the beach at dark or could I crash in my camper there?
    Just google the campground. There is a pretty good one right near the event site. I can't remember the name of it off hand.

I think you can camp on the beach as well. I know a handful of people have done it in the past, but the beach is crazy soft. Like people with 4x4 have to air down or they get buried.

PWCToday Newbie

I did google it after I made this post and the closest campground is already full.

I've been out there many times before, but never for the event, normally over night camping is a big no-no but I've been told people camp at the event they just make it look like they are not.

Camping on the beach is a big no no, the people that camp on the beach are permitted to do so and are "event security". As for campgrounds in PC, there's the thousand trails closest to the event site, it's spendy but well taken care of. Cell service is spotty and the commute in and out of the campground is painfully slow. Kiwanda RV is behind the market (across from pelican brewing), there's a large group of us in there. There's also a county campground (Webb I believe) right behind the hotel with minimal hookups and space but a place to park and sleep none the less. Dory's warm up here every morning on the hose.

https://www.thousandtrails.com/orego...amping-resort/

https://capekiwandarvresort.com/

http://www.co.tillamook.or.us/gov/pa...%203-28-14.pdf

FWIW we used to bring my parents eagle cap cab over on a duramax on the beach, the beach is very soft as stated above so air down first...not once you're stuck.
    Last edited by whitca; 08-21-2017 at 11:39 AM.
    Krash Predator - Jetworks 900r

Krash Industries - Jetworks - Hydroturf - Farrell Fab - Rhaas Products - JetPilot

Thread Information