Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

2006 vs 2012 VX110 Air Filter

I have both a 2006 and 2012 VX110. I need to replace air filter in the 2012 and am thinking about using a left over air intake box from a 2006. They look the same to me. Can anyone confirm that the two boxes are interchangeable.

Bought the 2012 from a rental company. For the life of me I cant figure out some of the mods they were doing to keep this thing running. It appears they cut two holes in the top of the air filter box. I'm assuming at some point they had too much oil and it backed up onto the air filter, so to bypass this problem they just cut the holes in the top. I like my skis stock to keep things simple.

My 2012 is running well but only at 38mph max. I changed plugs, cleaned up some things, changed oil (ha which looks like its NEVER been changed). Next up is fuel injector cleaning and air filter change but the ski is about 1 hour away.

Or should I just do away with the air filter box and set up a filter on the throttle body like I've seen done a few times.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home cyrillefrenchy's Avatar

Re: 2006 vs 2012 VX110 Air Filter

throw air filter in the garbage where it belongs to.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

X 2 Just keep the stock box & ditch the air filter unless you are going offroading.

PWCToday Newbie

Good deal, only problem I could see with that is getting the flame arrestor plugged up after a couple years. I guess when/if that happens I could just remove that too

I do most of my riding through the marsh in Louisiana, think that's probably the closest to offroading there is on these skis

Thread Information