Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 750 x2 help

Re: 750 x2 help

I had a very similar issue to yours recently. I had ano oem kawasaki 650 exhaust manifold with a "factory pipe" exhaust gasket off ebay. The exhaust port opening was too large and water was spraying in. Ski topped out at 1/2 throttle. What kind of exhaust manifold do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by 2strokesmoke View Post
    I had a very similar issue to yours recently. I had ano oem kawasaki 650 exhaust manifold with a "factory pipe" exhaust gasket off ebay. The exhaust port opening was too large and water was spraying in. Ski topped out at 1/2 throttle. What kind of exhaust manifold do you have?
    I believe it is a stock 650 manifold but I'm not positive. It does look like the ones I have on my 650 blocks. I am using that gasket set I have posted a picture of previously and I have a factory head pipe on that.

Where do you mean that the water is spraying in? Between the block and the manifold or between the pipe and the manifold? And how do I fix this?

PWCToday Regular

If you are running 750 electrics in this ski, is it possible that the overheat sensor wires are connected together or grounded and it's causing the ignition to run in limp-home mode?
    Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Keihin42 View Post
    If you are running 750 electrics in this ski, is it possible that the overheat sensor wires are connected together or grounded and it's causing the ignition to run in limp-home mode?
    Just a thought.
    Here's a question. The sensor is still hooked up but just strapped to the side and no water is running through it. Does it complete the circuit indicating an overheat to out it in 'limp mode' if there is no water running through it?

Pic of gasket kit does not include the header pipe gasket. Post a pic if you can.
    Last edited by 2strokesmoke; 08-17-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Pic of gasket kit does not include the header pipe gasket. Post a pic if you can.
    It did not come with one I put a used 650 gasket on between the manifold and the pipe.

Last edited by 2strokesmoke; 08-17-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Is there a way to verify the water in the exhaust is my problem without removing the pipe? And you're saying it's leaking in from between the manifold and the head of the pipe correct?

Correct

I did with my cheap bore scope. Disconnected the cooling from the pump and hooked it to the garden hose. Disconnected the line off the cylinder head to the header pipe and stuck it outside the hull. Then turned the hose of full blast. Or you could unbolt the header pipe remove the gasket and check for damage or signs of leakage.
    Last edited by 2strokesmoke; 08-17-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Correct

I did with my cheap bore scope. Disconnected the cooling from the pump and hooked it to the garden hose. Disconnected the line off the cylinder head to the header pipe and stuck it outside the hull. Then turned the hose of full blast. Or you could unbolt the header pipe remove the gasket and check for damage or signs of leakage.
    If I did the hose trick you explained and it was in fact leaking there wouldn't it fill my block with water?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information