Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 750 x2 help

Re: 750 x2 help

Quote Originally Posted by bandit88 View Post
    SBNs dont need pressure in the tank to function. Definitely get a check valve for safety though.
    Thanks. Do you have any suggestions? This is a slave carb setup where the fuel pump is only one one carb and the second one is fat off the return from the first

I tried that same setup once last year. I could not get Dual 44s to get enough fuel with the slave carb set up. Even with the return line blocked it was still too lean. I ended up blocking off the second carb and ran a single high flow external pump. You could also put the fuel pump back on but then you need two feed lines.
    -95 750SXI
    -86 440 with PJS800 conversion
    -90 TS650

I tried that same setup once last year. I could not get Dual 44s to get enough fuel with the slave carb set up. Even with the return line blocked it was still too lean. I ended up blocking off the second carb and ran a single high flow external pump. You could also put the fuel pump back on but then you need two feed lines.
    What do you mean by "blocking off the second carb"?
    And if I run a pump on both carbs the two feed lines won't be an issue but is it fine if I t-the pulse line to both carbs?
    BTW thanks for the help I've been pulling hair trying to figure this out but that's what I get for changing my entire setup lol

By blocking off the second carb, I meant get the same block off plate and replace the pump on the other carb with it, so neither carb has a pump. With the external fuel pump, you have one line into pump from the tank, then a line from the pump to each carb. Since there is only a single pump, you only need one pulse. The pump is a Mikuni DF62-702. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mikuni-DF62-...FZGp4T&vxp=mtr
    -95 750SXI
    -90 TS650

By blocking off the second carb, I meant get the same block off plate and replace the pump on the other carb with it, so neither carb has a pump. With the external fuel pump, you have one line into pump from the tank, then a line from the pump to each carb. Since there is only a single pump, you only need one pulse. The pump is a Mikuni DF62-702. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mikuni-DF62-...FZGp4T&vxp=mtr
    Thank you I will look into that. My question was though can I add the pump assembly on the second carb (I have an extra) and essentially just run then as two independent carbs? Or is it better to buy the external fuel pump like you suggested?

You can have a pump on each carb. That is more of the standard way of doing it. Downside is you need two fuel lines from the tank and two pulse lines. You can T the return. Others will tell you that you can T the supply and pulse *** well, but I would advise against it.
    -95 750SXI
    -90 TS650

You can have a pump on each carb. That is more of the standard way of doing it. Downside is you need two fuel lines from the tank and two pulse lines. You can T the return. Others will tell you that you can T the supply and pulse *** well, but I would advise against it.
    Thank you for the advice I just put the other pump on the second carb and I will try to run it and let you k ow how it goes

I just tried the pump on both tonight and nothing changed with the power issue. It will bareley if I lean forward plane out but even once it plains out it won't go any faster. Any way the timing could do this? I've never messed with it but idk I'd the previous guy had. I'm just at a complete loss and have no idea what else to try..

Make sure you have the right exhaust manifold gasket. If the gasket is too large and water is passing through the manifold into the exhaust stream it will kill power. Acts an exhaust brake.

Quote Originally Posted by 2strokesmoke View Post
    Make sure you have the right exhaust manifold gasket. If the gasket is too large and water is passing through the manifold into the exhaust stream it will kill power. Acts an exhaust brake.
    Any other ideas? I'm open to any suggestions. It looks as if there is grinding on the inside of my dual carb setup so I have a single intake manifold on the way to put my single sbn 46 carb on it to see if it's possibly those carbs I'm just out of ideas Screenshot_20170816-204600.png
    Last edited by dsweeney18; 08-16-2017 at 09:50 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information