Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

'94 750SS Refuses to start

hello all. this problem started about a week ago whem i was trying to go out for a ride with a friend. popped the ski in the water off the floating dock just as i always would, went to start it and it would only crank. replaced the plugs and started right up. went out into the bay and then met up with more friends at their boat. when i was leaving it again refused to start. finally got it after 5 minutes of choking, unchoking, and giving it gas. on my ride back, the water flush sysytem cap popped off and water spewed all over my engine compartment. i pumped it out right away but then couldn't start it again when i went to flush it. this weekend same issue. wouldnt start when i wanted to go out so i pulled it out of the water completely. cleaned the intake end of the carbeurator. tried starting fluid and blowing out the fuel lines, still would not go. any ideas?

NOTE: i have kept the battery fully charged throughout

I dream skis

Re: '94 750SS Refuses to start

Start inspecting things closely, looking for cracked or brittle hoses(replace). Wires , poor connections, old worn . Check that all wire connections are free of corrosion and tight. Might be a good time to take a look inside the ebox, maybe water inside. Anything you do replace do right, with oem parts and no cobble jobs. See what you can find. Take your time.
    Last edited by Hydro-Mike; 08-12-2017 at 10:21 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

Re: '94 750SS Refuses to start

thanks mike. will take a look tomorrow.

Thread Information