User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Jet Jam 750 Ski Class for Mossdale

This is an opportunity for all the 650 SJ's, 650 SX's, 701 SJ's, 750 SX's, SXI's and SXI Pro models to have a dedicated class that might not otherwise race.

I have been talking with Jaime Pirnie and he said Jet Jam will consider adding the class to the roster if there are enough participants.

Jet Jam typically wants to see five racers to make a class.

*Pretty simple rules - bolt on's okay, modded motors okay, so long as 750cc max and OEM Hulls.(SXR's, Bullet hulls, Kommander hulls, etc with 750 motors in them would be outside of the spirit of what this class is intended for).
    * I proposed to keep it affordable, similar to the Vintage 550 Class, $75 entry.
    *Jet Jam does not have a membership fee. Entry fee only and they allow on-line registration with payment on site at the race, if preferred.
    *5-6 lap motos, depending on size of the track.
    *Log jump? Possibly. All ski classes at Camp Far West hit the log jump, except Beginner ski. Jet Jam puts in an option around it for those that want to by pass the log jump, but is a little longer/slower.

Anyone interested? If so, please reply to this thread with your name, ski make and model, and if you would enter for Saturday, Sunday or both days. The Mossdale race dates are August 26 & 27.

To start things off:

Ken Trombley - Yamaha 650 Superjet - Saturday and Sunday
    Jeanette Trombley - Yamaha 650 Superjet - Saturday and Sunday

This is just to get a feel for the participation level. If it looks promising, Jamie will add the class to the official on-line registration link.
    05 SXR
    04 Octane
    06 SXR

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Jet Jam 750 Ski Class for Mossdale

Dana Faustine
    01 superjet 701
    Saturday only as of now.

Well, bummer. Gave it a shot. I thought there would at least be several "67" riders from the DJSA 567 class who would have wanted to race.

Thank you Dana for committing for Saturday. Given the cost and effort, for only three of us in a class, we'll have to pass on Mossdale and see what DJSA can put together for Pittsburgh since Jim noted a 567 class on his recent post for that race in September.
    05 SXR
    04 Octane
    06 SXR

Ken you might try throwing it on the Jet Jam Facebook page there are new riders and a lot of them don't know or even look on this thread get with the program old man it's all about Facebook ��
    Last edited by CDUB; 08-22-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks Chris.

I'm not on Facebook and had asked Jamie to post this information several weeks ago on the Jet Jam FB page, but I assume he forgot or got side tracked with all the other stuff he is responsible for.

This brings up a good point why promoters should consider all sources of social meeting to get information out to since not eveyone out there is on Facebook.
    05 SXR
    04 Octane
    06 SXR

I dream skis

Ken it sounds like there will be more than the three of you racing. I'm sure a lot of the 550 guys will hop in as well knowing they can run two classes. There has been a lot of interest on Facebook about it. I'm sure there will be at least five or more riders in it. Hell I might even ride the 550 in it too. But three classes at 53 is kinda tough on the body!!

You are in phenomenal shape Bill. I am sure you can bust out six motos each day, no problem!

Unfortunately, since it appeared there was a lack of interest to this thread over the past few weeks since I posted, lots of views, but only Dana had committed, we made other commitments this weekend and are hosting a group mountain bike ride for 15-20 riders on Saturday and have family plans on Sunday.

Please express my apology to any folks on the Jet Jam Face Book page that may now be considering signing up for a 750 Class, since the dufus who proposed it, (that would be me) won't be there.

I'd like to revisit this again for the 2018 Jet Jam series as I am still convinced this could be a really fun and well attended class if we can all get the word out.
    05 SXR
    04 Octane
    06 SXR

I dream skis

We will run something next year for all the people with square noses and sxi pro's. Need to run a 750 and under class.

Sounds great, thanks Bill!
    05 SXR
    04 Octane
    06 SXR

Thread Information