Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

? for former boat owners

I find myself not using my boat much anymore and was curious as to how many PWC'ers had boats as well as skis and ended up selling their boats and why.
    2007 Yamaha FX High Output
    2003 Yamaha GP800R
    2014 Stingray 180RX (Wifes Boat)

Re: ? for former boat owners

Wish I could use both at the same time. My boat (19' bowrider) isn't currently running correctly but once I get that figured out i'd like to find a way to take both out. Was thinking about cutting off the top half of a wr3 hull and using it like a sled to tow my superjet inside behind it. trailering all this mess would be another problem all together. Anyone tried anything like that?
    Last edited by Squarenosed; 08-09-2017 at 03:09 AM.
    My small fleet...[90 SN SJ ] [90 X2] [90 Jet-n-Cat ]

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Squarenosed View Post
    Wish I could use both at the same time. My boat (19' bowrider) isn't currently running correctly but once I get that figured out i'd like to find a way to take both out. Was thinking about cutting off the top half of a wr3 hull and using it like a sled to tow my superjet inside behind it. trailering all this mess would be another problem all together. Anyone tried anything like that?
    Wife will ride the big ski if the water is calm. Ideally, she wants our boat to be a water taxi. Find a bay and float all day. I get bored with it and want to ride. Problem is that I dont take boat out with the ski, so either I take her skiing or she takes me boating.
    2007 Yamaha FX High Output
    2003 Yamaha GP800R
    2014 Stingray 180RX (Wifes Boat)

Try fishing and drinking, that's what i use the boat for. Sounds good if you have a driver.
    My small fleet...[90 SN SJ ] [90 X2] [90 Jet-n-Cat ]

Went from a boat. To a ski, then back to a boat (same one purchased back 8 years later)

The boat is a group activety. Lets the whole family enjoy it, and especially the young grandkids. (Why my father bought it back)
    Lets everyone enjoy time together on the water.

Personally I enjoy the ski more with the speed and body control.
    Which is why I own my stand-up.

Dealing with this now. I have a nice wake boat. But find I don't have enough friends who want to ride all the time. So I picked up a paddleboard, something I could do on my own. That wasn't enough of a thrill for me so I've been playing with old stand-ups for the last could years. And I have been able to rig the truck to tow the boat & haul 1 standup without too much problem. The boat is still used whenever we want to ride the foils, but it is definitely getting less hours this year.
    -
    Bill

Current ride is an almost stock 94 550SX
    My JS550 build
    . - SOLD

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home don37725's Avatar

Pontoon gets used most by far, avg 5 days week during warm and hot season
    Fish and ski gets used more in cooler / windy spring and fall
    Ski gets used maybe once a week

0809171018.jpg

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner***
    *******************Liberty is a well-armed lamb.*****************

**********Lotteries are created by those who understand math**********
    ***************to take advantage of those who do not****************

***************As government expands, liberty contracts**************

PWCToday Regular

I used to own a 20' sea ray a long time ago and enjoyed it somewhat but eventually sold it because it was too much maintenance/storage for the use we got out of it. I couldn't fit it in a garage, and things left outside here in the PNW get wet & messy most of the year.

In recent years I moved on to PWC's and it's a way better hobby, for me anyway. More riding time and more fun!
    Regards
    charger_john
    in Kent, WA.
    1996 JS750SXI (sold in 2017!), 2004 STX-12F, 2015 Superjet

First had a cheetah 23 jet boat , rode a 650 kawi in 1988 , was hooked , traded that boat for a south wind 19 dragster tunnel hull , 100 mph boat , sold that still kept the 650 , bought a 1990 550 , sold the slow 87 650 kawi , few more years bought Todd Ross's fx1 slalom ski , #4 , in 1995 , rode that for years , it had several notches on the handlepole carved in it from friends attempting to ride it and injuring themselves in the process , possibly the worst handling jet ski ever built , but tons of fun , sold that , many superjets later I kept Kasters world finals winning 94 square nose and a few SXRs to ride including Flores national championship SXR stock boat , #88 , and last year with the move to idaho and now a big shop I have a 23' Baker day cruiser , great boat , Spokane river in my backyard , how can you not have a boat when you live at Cour'Dallene lake area , but will never stop riding stand ups , that's the best toy on the water hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic racing View Post
    First had a cheetah 23 jet boat , rode a 650 kawi in 1988 , was hooked , traded that boat for a south wind 19 dragster tunnel hull , 100 mph boat , sold that still kept the 650 , bought a 1990 550 , sold the slow 87 650 kawi , few more years bought Todd Ross's fx1 slalom ski , #4 , in 1995 , rode that for years , it had several notches on the handlepole carved in it from friends attempting to ride it and injuring themselves in the process , possibly the worst handling jet ski ever built , but tons of fun , sold that , many superjets later I kept Kasters world finals winning 94 square nose and a few SXRs to ride including Flores national championship SXR stock boat , #88 , and last year with the move to idaho and now a big shop I have a 23' Baker day cruiser , great boat , Spokane river in my backyard , how can you not have a boat when you live at Cour'Dallene lake area , but will never stop riding stand ups , that's the best toy on the water hands down
    Welcome to Coeur d'Alene. It's a tough one to spell.

I moved out here 13 yrs ago from Seattle. Ran the boat aground in the river right out in front of Cedars. Apparently it's only full of water from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Plus it's busy as hell all the time. Decided there was no way I was going to deal with that. So we're a little west on Liberty, where it's full all year, and come out to CdA to visit a few times a year. Not sure I'd want to do the river & lake on a standup too often..... could be 20 miles thru the yacht chop. Get away from the north end chaos & head out to Beauty Bay or Windy Bay sometime. Tough to beat.
    Last edited by AirJunky; 08-09-2017 at 12:56 PM.
    -
    Bill

Current ride is an almost stock 94 550SX
    My JS550 build
    . - SOLD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information