User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

2002 GTX DI fouling rear spark plug

Hello I have a 2002 GTX DI thats acting up..

It's now running a little rough for example it will start right up and Idle no problem, when you smack the throttle it wants to bog it's self out.... I put two new plugs in it (factory NGK's) and ran it on the hose for 5 mins, the front spark plug towards the nose of the ski is tan and normal the rear spark plug(PTO) is black and wet.

I pulled both spark plugs out and left them connected to the coil to test spark both have Spark. I cleaned them threw them back in let it run with new spark plugs it will run great for a bit but then wants to slowly bog when you give it throttle.....

I really have no idea where to start on these DI's any help would be great, I did test the Compression there at 128-129ish on both...

If you could point in the the right area of what I need to clean or start at that would be fantastic as I'm used to the gp1300r but this was great for the rest of the family
    “You can only be as good as you dare to be bad”

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home wmazz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: 2002 GTX DI fouling rear spark plug

You need to put it in a lake with fresh spark plugs, and stop smacking the throttle.

The hose is a poor reference for trying to find or diagnose a problem.

Bill M.
    Last edited by wmazz; 07-26-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    Horsepower == Speed, RPM != Speed

Ok found the problem turned out pto air injector was not working and exhaust temp sensor was dead fixed both. Now it runs great but my top speed is 40ish.... runs great no bog take off out of the water no hesitation next is to fix the speed problem after reading all these forums I'm down to the jet pump, rave valves or water regulator.

I did just clean both raves and installed new o-ring kits on both raves but I did not test if they are working I will test that tomo see how that goes
    Last edited by Syuhas85; 08-11-2017 at 09:39 PM.

I dream skis

You say 40, but at what rpm? If the engine reaches max rpm at your top speed, then the jet pump is likely at fault. The pump is fairly easy to check. Clearance from blades to wear ring should be no more than a several thousandths of an inch. Pump losses due to high clearance, though the gap is very small to the eye, will affect the thrust significantly.

We rode all day yesterday it ran great with out a hick up but it's only capping out at 6550 rpm gps 44.7mph.... don't know if that's a wear ring yet because the rpm is so low...
    Last edited by Syuhas85; 08-14-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Thread Information