Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Frequent Poster

Re: Prop for superjet lites boat or intake grate issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ski View Post
    If you stop racing you will have extra money to spend on your ski. That's the best bang for the buck.
    Wow your really promoting the sport!!
    When I doubt hold button till your out!

Re: Prop for superjet lites boat or intake grate issue?

Not to stir the pot but I think the point he was trying to make is that you kind of have your priorities wrong. You mention wanting to set it up for lites, one of the most competitive classes each and every year at havasu and worldwide, but you are using single carb cases and squarenose equipment. It's kind of like the phrase "do it right or do it over".

3-4mph is HUGE in lites class and I wouldn't wait a day longer to gain that much.

You can use your oem 701 top end, no need for a 760 yet, but get some decent cases and prop and waterbox. You will like it much more.
    Check out Poor Boy Racing on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/poorboyracingteam

Need parts? Optima Racing is the place
    http://optimaracing.com/

I dream skis

Prop for superjet lites boat or intake grate issue?

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    Not to stir the pot but I think the point he was trying to make is that you kind of have your priorities wrong. You mention wanting to set it up for lites, one of the most competitive classes each and every year at havasu and worldwide, but you are using single carb cases and squarenose equipment. It's kind of like the phrase "do it right or do it over".

3-4mph is HUGE in lites class and I wouldn't wait a day longer to gain that much.

You can use your oem 701 top end, no need for a 760 yet, but get some decent cases and prop and waterbox. You will like it much more.
    Okay you're definitely trying to stir pot, I've stated that I understand my setup is less than ideal. Once again, It's OK, I'm not worried about this. I'm not running for a world title, our little regional racing is for fun and I'm lucky to be running my stuff inside the newer superjet hull, let alone a squarenose. By the way, the only thing on the boat from a squarenose is the motor, everything else is correct, except for the prop which is what this thread is about in the first place!

I made this thread to ask for help on possible prop or intake grate or other handling mod suggestions to handle chop a little better. I never asked how to spend enough money on my motor to have a worlds competitive boat. I wouldn't be asking pwctoday for that.

I'll just try and figure this stuff out myself
    Last edited by Jhucke; 07-31-2017 at 06:06 PM.
    1991 Superjet
    2014 Superjet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information