Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Montego 640 bogs and sometimes takes off

Looking for some help. just bought a 94 Montego. first run out on the water it wouldn't rev out then sometimes it would take off. I cleaned carb looked good. then while it was running I pulled the mag side plug wire and it shut off. then I pulled the pto plug wire off stayed running. I am getting spark to both. compression is also good. Temp sensor is not hooked up. I have looked at a bunch of old posts but most don't say what the problem was or could be thanks for any help

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Re: Montego 640 bogs and sometimes takes off

First place to look on older Tigersharks is the fuel pickup tube. They are commonly cracked or broken off. Also try unscrewing plug boots and clipping plug wire back 1/4-1/2".
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Montego 640 bogs and sometimes takes off

Ok thanks for the suggestions. I will check the pick up tube. I did cut back the pto plug wire. I can start the ski with just the mag side plug wire on. but will not stay running or start with just the pto plug wire. Could it be the pto plug wire? And thanks again for any help.

Thread Information