Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Turbo oil feed line screen

Anyone have a pic of the oil feed line screen for the turbo? I'm probably going to put on a new turbo and want to make sure the screen isn't clogged. Also, can it be checked or cleaned with the motor in the ski?

Banjomaniac

Re: Turbo oil feed line screen

It's at the very bottom of the motor right next to where the oil tube goes into the oil pan. Look between the coupler and the motor. You may be able to check it in the ski but be sure you get the copper washer between the oil line and the block back on. One on each side of the bolt. It may fall down when you remove the bolt. Terrible pic of the screen but I couldn't get it any better with my phone.

IMG_0783.JPGIMG_0785.JPG
    Last edited by spatera; 07-16-2017 at 06:26 PM.
    03 Honda F12X (my favorite) Red of course
    Jim's Alpha Boost kit, H2O ECU Modulator, Large Intercooler, Solas intake grate and Impeller

Used to have:
    98 GP760, 97 GTX Sea Doo, 97 GP1200, 02 Honda F12X, 2-03 Honda F12X, 05 SeaDoo GTX Supercharged

Need to have:
    F15X

Thanks Spatera, I'm pretty sure I can get to that. So the screen is in the bolt or is it in the line? I know the bolt has a hole in it for the oil to flow through but I had that line off and don't remember seeing a screen.

Banjomaniac

Yes. It's hard to see it in the pic but it's at the tip of the bolt.
    03 Honda F12X (my favorite) Red of course
    Jim's Alpha Boost kit, H2O ECU Modulator, Large Intercooler, Solas intake grate and Impeller

Used to have:
    98 GP760, 97 GTX Sea Doo, 97 GP1200, 02 Honda F12X, 2-03 Honda F12X, 05 SeaDoo GTX Supercharged

Need to have:
    F15X

Thanks spatera. I'll try to look at it this week if the rain every stips. When I put the motor back in I changed all the oil lines and now I wonder if that bolt is the exact same size as the other end or another bolt maybe I got them mixed up? I had the oil lines off for about a week when I was cleaning up the motor when it was out and I also had a local hydraulic company put all new crimps and redo all those for me so it was a part for a week or two I just didn't know one of those bolts had a screen in it. Well I guess if they can be mixed up then it wouldn't have clogged because the screen would have been somewhere else lol. I wonder what the 3rd line is for?

I was thinking about this today, I might pour some oil with a funnel, into the oil return line, maybe a quart and then use my oil pump to suck oil out the oil feed line. If it flows good then I would think it's ok. I only drained about 2.5 - 3 quarts when I pulled the turbo so there's still a quart maybe 1.5 quarts in the motor. Then I'll know the return line and the feed line are clear.

Banjomaniac
    Last edited by banjomaniac; 07-17-2017 at 01:53 PM.

attachment.jpg here is a pic I found online by another F12X owner shows the screen pretty good.
    So I guess if this screen is clean then I can assume turbo is getting oil?

Banjomaniac

I checked the screen, it was clogged. I'll post pics before and after but anyone putting on a new turbo or if you had water in your oil make sure you clean this screen, it might save buying a new turbo or burning up a new turbo.
    2017-07-23 12.42.21.jpg2017-07-23 12.43.12.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Were you able to get to it with the motor in the ski?
    05 F-12X

I'm on the drinking diet. I lost 2 days already.

You can, it's right next to the rear oil cap. Because it's at the bottom of the motor you need to pump out the oil and tilt the front of the ski down. Lay a rag under the line so if you drop one of the washer on the oil line it will catch it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information