User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Registration Help

I'm really hoping I can get some help here, as I'm getting the run around trying to get an answer.

I bought a jet ski and trailer from friends in NJ. The boat and trailer were both registered in NJ. Neither of which were issued titles because they were either a) under 9' long or b) under 2500lbs.

I tried registering them in NY last week, and while I was able to get the ski registered, I was told I couldn't register the trailer without a title. I tried calling the Albany DMV to get an answer, and just got the run around from them as well.

HELP!

How the heck do I get this trailer registered without a title and without a transferable registration (NJ doesn't do those either, apparently)? The only paperwork I have is the old registration and the bill of sale.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home nofear195's Avatar

Re: Registration Help

Had a similar registering a ski from Mass. I ended up having to call a Mass DMV and get a letter mailed stating that they didnt tilte skis, even though NY's book said they did. You could try calling NJ and see if you can get the same. Or go the home built route.
    My Gopro videos

________PATCH MOTORS_________
    "Because Performance Is Everything"

Custom parts have custom problems

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Rushford_Ripper's Avatar

Easiest would be home built route but I can understand the proper way of doing things.

I am having an issue getting my hull a set of Hin#'s (aftermarket hull, no tags), paperwork has been filed and processed, but the sheriff's won't call me back and basically blew me off when I called....

I've actually found that you can register small trailers in Maine online, and you can do it for multiple years. I'm going to print out the NJ registration information and take it to the DMV. If they still won't do it, then I'll probably go the Maine route.

Thread Information