Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Yamaha pipe question?

Quote Originally Posted by wmazz View Post
    Why do people like the FPP over the Pro-Tec. Both are similar designs. The only FPP
    pipe that seems different is the Mod pipe.
    Everyone likes B pipes, either in limited or mod form. They like them over protec's because they have no reliability issues with mounts, allow tuning of the headpipe water injection, and offer the best low end response. The protec and riva red pipe always looked similar to me, where as the B pipe is totally different and easy to identify when someone pulls a hood off. Who knows some people might like the look factor. I'm sure the fact GroupK will only recommend the B pipe in yamaha applications has had an effect as well seeing as everyone reads their tech articles. I have a protec cast pipe in my ski and feel no needs to spend the other $500 on top of what I'd get selling this one to switch to the B-pipe, but I'd run the B if I had one to use.
    Last edited by bored&stroked; 07-07-2017 at 05:31 PM.
    '90 Superjet: ported 760, dual 44's, B pipe, ADA head 190psi, TDR waterbox, hooker 10-16, sponsons. Girlfriends ride
    '94 Suuuperjet: 718cc, pro tec pipe, Groupk head 175psi w/protec girdle, protec ride plate, MSD coil, UMI grate, Roundnose pole -4", rev footholds, sweet green turf and wrap.
    '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

Top Dog
    Blog Entries

I dont think anyone recommends a bpipe for racing except maybe the blaster mod chamber. Most people like the bpipe because it is easy to install and doesn't break. Landing upside down multiple times in freeride or jumping wakes at the lake will give you a bigger headache with the larger cast pipes too. I run a bpipe octane chamber and coffman rocket pipe.

From post #101:
    "Tnt got the riders choice.
    Riva pipe had best speed by one tenth of a mph on radar
    Protec threatened to pull all there advertising and protested tnt pipe being in shoot out.
    Factory pipe in turn countered and said they pull there advertising if they didn't allow.
    It was quite interesting week "
    http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?threa...t.34340/page-6
    triceps are the biceps of the back of your arm.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home wmazz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    I don't think anyone recommends a b-pipe for racing
    Is that based on the idea that a Yamaha needs a large volume pipe?

Landing upside down multiple times in freeride or jumping wakes at the lake will give you a bigger headache with the larger cast pipes too.
    The side draft wet-pipes look like they would cause water ingestion problems
    if upside down for too long.

"Tnt got the riders choice.
    I don't trust test riders! Especially MX racers, I trust a properly set-up dyno
    with an accurate weather station, and water pump with the correct pressure.

You ask test riders what they want? They say more HP! So you give them more
    HP and they don't like it. You give them a pipe with less HP and you are a pipe
    building god!

Bill M.
    Horsepower == Speed, RPM != Speed

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

They say more HP! So you give them more
    building god!

Bill M.
    Ok Bill, you lost me on this post.

Why are 500cc gp bikes making 180hp or more? A 1000 plus cc jetski should make at least 300 right?
    The bpipe is about.making most power at the fastest rate. It what freeride guys want.

Incase you don't know, higher rpm's make more power.
    also a jet.pump is only good for 8k. Im not sure but I bet our engines
    would turn much more than 8k.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home wmazz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was referring to the TNT pipe as the "riders choice" and my experience with
    most test riders being an unreliable source for knowing when they have more
    HP or the best overall performance. Characteristics like hit, and acceleration
    can be misleading.

Honestly, I am a bit confused on what pipe is the "B Pipe." I have seen pictures
    of the huge diameter pipes with the center bleed, and the lower volume limited/
    mod pipe all referred to as a "B Pipe."

Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    Ok Bill, you lost me on this post.

Why are 500cc gp bikes making 180hp or more? A 1000 plus cc jetski should make at least 300 right?
    I don't know, I am not an engine builder and I'm not interested in that stuff. I don't
    have that kind of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    The bpipe is about.making most power at the fastest rate. It what freeride guys want.

I would hope, that is the type of power delivery everyone wants? It is one of the
    reasons for this thread.
    But I would change that description to: Smooth, Fast acceleration,
    making the most power possible (Is that another way to define it? or not?).

If you leave out the description "smooth," then you have a powerband that works
    against your body weight. Each time you have a "Hit," the ski accelerates forward,
    but your body is going backwards and your wrists, elbows, and shoulders are absorbing
    the sudden acceleration. That powerband will wear out a rider sooner, and the more you
    weigh, the more your weight works against you.

In racing (on a stand-up), a powerband that is not smooth will effect your timing, turns,
    and the rate you are fatigued.

Bill M.
    Last edited by wmazz; 07-08-2017 at 02:14 PM.
    Horsepower == Speed, RPM != Speed

B pipe actually refers to the head pipe and not the pipe chamber itself. Sorry for my terminology that's how you explain rates of climb in aviation, best climb rate or the fastest climb rate.

Honestly, I am a bit confused on what pipe is the "B Pipe." I have seen pictures
    of the huge diameter pipes with the center bleed, and the lower volume limited/
    mod pipe all referred to as a "B Pipe."
    This is a B pipe. The only options are limited or the shorter mod length chamber. A limited can be cut into mod chamber length. https://www.blowsion.com/factory-pip...uperjet-b-pipe
    Your coming at this from a pipe builder perspective. Thats not how people look at skis generally. The B pipe came out, people talked about how awesome it was, and away it went. Then everyone else stopped making pipes, and the B pipe was/is your only option. So that's where we are at. Everyone with 'maha's want to freestyle, they don't give a rats *** about max rpm. The b pipe is great for freestyle.
    '90 Superjet: ported 760, dual 44's, B pipe, ADA head 190psi, TDR waterbox, hooker 10-16, sponsons. Girlfriends ride
    '94 Suuuperjet: 718cc, pro tec pipe, Groupk head 175psi w/protec girdle, protec ride plate, MSD coil, UMI grate, Roundnose pole -4", rev footholds, sweet green turf and wrap.
    '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

Also the b pipe head pipe has three water adjustment screws. It will also be stamped B pipe

Top Dog
    Blog Entries

You ask test riders what they want? They say more HP! So you give them more
    building god!

Bill M.
    99.9% of riders do not have access to a dyno and professional tuning team. Bpipe "just works" and requires a minimal amount of tuning and maintenance to get it right.

Few more threads from the X you might find interesting:
    http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?threa...hamber.177167/

http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?threa...rcraft.176504/

http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?threa...ed-cdi.183691/

Top Dog
    Blog Entries

Bpipe Blaster Mod chamber:

Bpipe Blaster Limited Chamber:

TNT Blaster mod chamber

Nynja Mod chamber, manifold and head pipe also bored to 50mm

Superjet Mod, Limited
    Octane Chamber
    FX1 chamber

All look mostly the same:

Wammiltons carbon copy:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information