• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JGRA24
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Jun 2017

Re: Deal or no deal

Another question, does anyone have a wiring diag for the TS1000 ? I need to know where the factory Tach plug is (if so equipped standard in all harness) looks like 3 wire plug, black,purple,yellow. I am wanting to install a factory tach. Does it come out of the main power box or maybe the coil somehow ???

Thanks, all the help I have gotten from everyone is really great.

Jim

Comment

• JGRA24
      PWCToday Newbie
      • Jun 2017

One more question(I know I ask a lot of them). Before I take the ski out again I want to make sure I have the Pitot tube facing the correct way. As you can see in the pi there is a notch in it. In the notch there is a small hole. Does it face with the notch facing forward with the hole ??? If you kinda go by the pic the notch looks like its facing towards the rear,with the hole to the rear how does it pick up water pressure. It was facing sideways when i got the ski and I am thinking that's why the speedo was not working. Just want to make sure I have it the right way before I take it out again.

ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	18.gif
Views:	1
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	4372492
      Last edited by JGRA24; 07-29-2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• JGRA24
        PWCToday Newbie
        • Jun 2017

Better pic,Should hole face front or back ?????

Click image for larger version

Name:	18.gif
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	4372493
        Last edited by JGRA24; 07-29-2017, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Myself
          PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
          • Jun 2006

I always aim the hole towards the bow.
          http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
          +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
          ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
          light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Comment

• JGRA24
            PWCToday Newbie
            • Jun 2017

That's where I have it know. I will give it a try and see how it goes, hopefully that will get the speedo working. I will post the results in case anyone whats to know. Thanks for the info. This being my first ski that I have owned I have gained a huge amount of info from this forum. My next thing I want to tackle is installing a factory tach. I am going to see if there is a factory plug that I can just plug right into with the factory tach I have. A lot of manufactures use one harness that has all the options wired in. I hope this one has the plug already there.
            Last edited by JGRA24; 07-30-2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• rdjeep
              Resident Guru
              • Jun 2006

The little hole does face front, into the water stream. The "speedometer" in this case is actually a low pressure gauge with a speed scale on the face. Water pressure and the hole size in the pitot can then be mathematically related to speed, approximately. That's why the hole has to be pressed into the water stream, to get the pressure.

As for the tach wiring, looking at the '98 models, 770's and 1000's with tachs seem to have the same wiring arrangement. I'll have to look at mine in the daylight to see what I did for the install.

Comment

• hemmjo
                Resident Guru
                • Oct 2013

I have a 99 service manual. So far everything in it has been the same for my '98 770L.

Here is the wiring for the 1999, TS1100R. The lettering is tiny in the manual, I can barely read it directly from the book.Click image for larger version

Name:	99 TS1100R wiring.jpg
Size:	590.9 KB
ID:	4372673Click image for larger version

Name:	99 TStachclose.jpg
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	4372672

Good Luck
                2, 1998 TS 770 L, restored and running great as of July 2019 (NO THANKS to the person at SBT, who put the WRONG crankshaft bearing into the rebuilt engine I got from them)

Comment

• JGRA24
                  PWCToday Newbie
                  • Jun 2017

Thanks for the info on the sppedo. that's the way I have it now. the pitot was turned sideways so I think thats why it was not working. As far ad the wiring diag thank you so so much. It looks like you can install a factory tach. The only problem is I can not read the drawing. Is there anyway you could scan and e-mail to me so I can get a more clearer picture. I would be so great if you could. My email is [email protected]. Thanks again
                  Last edited by JGRA24; 08-03-2017, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• JGRA24
                    PWCToday Newbie
                    • Jun 2017

RDJEEP

You installed a factory tach on yours ???? If you could get me that info that would great. It would save me some time and trouble. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Jim
                    Last edited by JGRA24; 08-03-2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Myself
                      PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
                      • Jun 2006

Looks like tach hooks up to the same white 4 pin connector that the bilge pump fuse comes from. Anyway violet is tach power, black is tach ground, yellow is tach signal originating from the cdi.
                      http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
                      +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
                      ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
                      light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Comment

• JGRA24
                        PWCToday Newbie
                        • Jun 2017

Thanks, I will look for the plug. Raining buckets at the moment so I will have to wait a bit. I will advise. Thanks for the info.

Jim
                        Last edited by JGRA24; 08-03-2017, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• rdjeep
                          Resident Guru
                          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by JGRA24 View Post
                          RDJEEP

You installed a factory tach on yours ???? If you could get me that info that would great. It would save me some time and trouble. Looking forward to hearing back from you.
                          Um, no, I installed a Faria brand tach. Sorry if I mislead you on that. I couldn't find a factory unit at time. After looking at the schematic, and the boat, I believe Cat used two different harnesses, with/without tach. I never got around to a final wiring install, not normally my polished finish.

The yellow signal wire is still present in the non-tach harness, in an unmated cavity in a quad connector behind the engine. I used the engine block to get ground, and temp'd the purple power wire into the fuse holder. Wire colors are not the same as the factory tach, but functions are.
                          Last edited by rdjeep; 08-03-2017, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• JGRA24
                            PWCToday Newbie
                            • Jun 2017

I have already water tested and ski ran flawless

Comment

• JGRA24
                              PWCToday Newbie
                              • Jun 2017

RDJEEP

It sound like it should work, power, ground, signal. I will give it a try.Are you saying that you hooked up purple power wire to fuse holder into. Which fuse holder are you speaking of. Can I pick up off of the battery with fuse holder or does it need to be switched power. Do you have a schem/drawing you can send me.
                              Last edited by JGRA24; 08-04-2017, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• rdjeep
                                Resident Guru
                                • Jun 2006

No it needs to be on a switched circuit, otherwise the tach will draw down the battery, although the engine is not running. The fuse holder is also behind-ish the engine, with purple and gray wires. Don't have a schematic, as it was a temporary item at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X