Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deal or no deal

Re: Deal or no deal

Thanks for the info. As far as the running issue it is not a big deal so I am going to leave it alone for now. I have been looking into the tiny tach and think I will go with it as it also has an hour meter. Are they hard to hook up ???. I will look into the speedo issue as you have recommended. For an older ski I think it looks great and runs extremely well. Thanks for all the great info. Please keep it coming in case I am missing something. Thanks again

Jim
    Last edited by JGRA24; 07-23-2017 at 03:23 PM.

Forgot to ask, is there a oil pump block off kit available for this ski/eng combo

Yes there is a block off plate available. Sbt makes it I think. But a cheaper and easier way is to remove the oil pump, pull out the drive shaft for the pump, and bolt the pump back on. Then put vacuum caps over all the banjo bolts and inlet nipple. Then remember to disconnect the throttle cable from the pump. The pump wont spin, and its free. The oil pump is in between and below the pto and center intake flanges on the crankcase. Also remove your oil tank no matter which way you do this. The hoses like to pop off after a day of hard riding and anyone can tell you oil in the bildge is annoying and frustrating to clean up. Have fun with it man, the 1000 is my favorite motor out of all the sharks. Very reliable if taken care of properly.
    Own:
    99' TS770R
    98' TS1000R
    97' Daytona 1000
    Owned:
    94' Montego (my first) sold
    95' Daytona sold
    95' Daytona parted out
    95' Barracuda sold
    96' Montego sold
    96' Daytona (the one that got away...) sold
    96' Monte Carlo 900 sold
    97' Daytona 1000 clean and beautiful. You will be missed.

I dream skis

Answer 1: My 770 had the same throttle response when new. Drove me nuts 'cuz it would be right at a good slow-speed riding point. After much testing and checking, I find that the Mikuni carb didn't perform as designated in their fancy staging chart. Each mixing stage is supposed to overlap so there is smooth transition across the entire rpm range. (After all, my weed wacker performs correctly) There is a gap occurring between stages, where neither one is flowing well, and then you open the throttle a hair more, and flow enough air to really excite the next stage and LAUNCH! I never corrected it, but I "hid it" by repitching the impeller a bit, so that the launch point happens at a faster boat speed, making it much less noticeable.
    Answer 2: Check also that the tube on the inside isn't pinched under the clamp that holds the driveshaft guard.
    Answer 3: The connecter for a tach is likely there, you have to identify the connector/wire via schematic. I always meant to tie mine in properly with correct waterproof connectors, but it still works.
    Last edited by rdjeep; 07-25-2017 at 09:47 PM. Reason: stupid spell checker

Thanks for the reply, I think I will leave the running problem alone for now as it not a big big deal at the moment. As far as the speedo I found that the pitot was turned sideways. I will have to see if this fixes it on the next trip out. As far as the tach I am trying to find a wiring diagram to see if I can tie it in. I would rather have a factory tach instead of the tiny tach if possible. Again thanks for the info.

Another question, does anyone have a wiring diag for the TS1000 ? I need to know where the factory Tach plug is (if so equipped standard in all harness) looks like 3 wire plug, black,purple,yellow. I am wanting to install a factory tach. Does it come out of the main power box or maybe the coil somehow ???

Thanks, all the help I have gotten from everyone is really great.

Jim

One more question(I know I ask a lot of them). Before I take the ski out again I want to make sure I have the Pitot tube facing the correct way. As you can see in the pi there is a notch in it. In the notch there is a small hole. Does it face with the notch facing forward with the hole ??? If you kinda go by the pic the notch looks like its facing towards the rear,with the hole to the rear how does it pick up water pressure. It was facing sideways when i got the ski and I am thinking that's why the speedo was not working. Just want to make sure I have it the right way before I take it out again.

Thanks18.gif
    Last edited by JGRA24; 07-29-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Better pic,Should hole face front or back ?????

18.gif
    Last edited by JGRA24; 07-29-2017 at 12:30 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

I always aim the hole towards the bow.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

That's where I have it know. I will give it a try and see how it goes, hopefully that will get the speedo working. I will post the results in case anyone whats to know. Thanks for the info. This being my first ski that I have owned I have gained a huge amount of info from this forum. My next thing I want to tackle is installing a factory tach. I am going to see if there is a factory plug that I can just plug right into with the factory tach I have. A lot of manufactures use one harness that has all the options wired in. I hope this one has the plug already there.
    Last edited by JGRA24; 07-30-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information