Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal or no deal

Deal or no deal

Hello, this is my first post to this forum. I want thank everyone in advance for there help and support. First off I have never owned a jet ski but have ridden many times on friends skis. I hVe a opportunity to own a Tiger Shark TS 1000 L. I have a Arctic Cat 250 2 wheel drive ATV that is in very nice condition. I have someone who is Wanting to trade his ski for my ATV. I have not seen the Ski in person but am going to look at it this weekend. His reason for him wanting to trade is his wife is not really into riding the ski and they do not use it that much. I do not know hardly anything about buying a ski so I am wanting to know If this is a good deal or not. What should I inspect for, what questions do I ask him. I have heard a lot of things about tiger sharks, both good and bad. I may not be able to give it a test drive on the water due to not being any place close by to give it a teat run which is another reason he wants to trade. I have include so pictures below. He states it is in near mint condition. He says that the ski runs about 55-60 mph on the water. Is this about what this ski should run? By the pics it looks really nice. What should I do ?????. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post

Best Regards
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Frequent Poster

Re: Deal or no deal

Looks like a clean ski. Any engine pics?

All I have is a video, are we able to post videos on here?????

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

That is one of the best running/handling skis that Tigershark built. Yes....it will go 55+ on gps. I would want to do a compression test, and hear it fire up and run at minimum. A test ride would be even better but still do a compression check. I'm not sure what your ATV is worth but any older ski that goes 55mph or better usually goes for $2000 or more.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

We just sold a clean clean ts1000 for 1200, took about 10days

Thanks for the replies. I will do a compression test and he said we will be able to run the ski. My ATV is worth in the 1200-1500 range. I think it's a good deal as long as everything check out but as I said this is the first ski that I will have owned.

Jim

Most skis this clean sell for between 2500-3000 where I live, granted I live about 20 min's from some of the biggest lakes in SC. I hope everything checks out, I cannot wait to get on the lake with this ski....

Definitely lake test it if you can. I have seen skis that run like crap in the water, actually run quite well on a trailer.
    04' Shorelander Double Trailer
    98' Sea Doo SPX Mint
    96' Sea Doo HX Mint
    95' Sea Doo XP800 Mint
    95' Sea Doo XP800 - Rescue project (almost done)
    99' Sea Doo XPL - rescue (project on hold)
    97' Tigershark Daytona 1000 - Another rescue project (see videos below)
    My Jet Ski videos below.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...wmp0jqpvLFpgmZ

Hello everyone, well I finally had the chance to take my TS1000 L ski to the lake yesterday. Launching the ski was a bit of a changling due to my dodge 4x4 sits a little high and it was hard to see the ski. Luckily there was no one else there launching.

Anyway, after launching and docking the Ski I went to crank her up. She cranked right up but noticed it was a bit harder in the water vrs land. So off we go, oh BTW I am glad it has reverse. As we hit open water and give it throttle it got on plane really well. QUESTION 1, as I accelerated it seed just a tad boggy, not real noticeable at all. But once you hit the one sweet spot on the throttle it took off like an bat in hell. I seem to have read about this as being normal but not sure.

QUESTION 2. The speedo does not work. I know how they work as I a am a avid boat owner and have repaired many of them. My guestion is how the the pitot work and where are they located. Also if it's a big deal to repair can just mount a boat style pitot and will it work with the ski gauge.

Question 3. I would like to add a tach to the ski. Does this ski have the harness already have the connectors already there?

Well that's about it, sorry for the long lost. Finally I had a blast with the ski. Spent 2 hours of riding with 0 problems. The only issue was recovery as I could not see the trailer at all which made it very very difficult. I will have to find a way to add something to the trailer. I don't know whey people talk so bad about this brand. Thank you in anvance to everyone.

Jim

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

The ski is old. Its probably a bit boggy due to old soft carb parts. Since it runs good now......do yourself a favor and convert to premix so you dont blow it up. Im not sure why everbody hates on Tigershark, the Suzuki engines make gobs of power and the hulls are relatively light. A good running twin carb 640 will outrun everybody elses 750. The overall look of the sharks only got better through the years and so did the handling, allbeit a bit later than everyone else.
    Speedo is pitot with tubing running to the gauge. The pitot is in the pump intake area, small black part hanging down about an inch. Hole could be plugged or it could have gotten loose and not pointed forward anymore. Tubing could also be bad. You can use an air nozzle to blow into the tubing and see if the speedo works.
    Not sure if you have wiring for a tach but most people just mount a tiny tach.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information